Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Trailer
QUOTE said:
Aquaria is an upcoming 2D sidescrolling computer game by independent game company Bit Blot. It won the Seamus McNally grand prize from the Independent Games Festival in March 2007.[1]

QUOTEThat’s right, the PC version of Aquaria will be released on December 7th on this very website!

Every day from now up until release, we’ll be posting an update to our blog as part of the seven day celebration - behind the scenes info, a chat with Jenna, new screens, new artwork, new music - the works - and on the final day, a downloadable demo and $30 full version will be released!

It’s been a long journey getting here, but we’re more excited than ever. I have to thank you folks who have been hanging around here for the last year or so, encouraging us. Living and doing this on our own, it means a lot to us to get a friendly pat on the back now and then. I don’t know if we could have done it without you!

This week would be an awesome time to come hang out on the forums and/or the bitblot IRC channel. (I’ll be on there when I’m working) Drop in and say hi, chat about expectations and mod ideas… let’s have a good time and launch this game in style.
smile.gif

Seeing as how no one mentioned Aquaria on GBAtemp I took it upon myself to remind everyone that it's coming in 6 days.
biggrin.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh snap, I remember this!
Thanks for the reminder, I was looking forward to this when I first heard about it. Trailer looks great.

6 days to go...

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kinda reminds me of castlevainia for sum reason might actuly get this it looks why better than some of the smae old same old stuff where getting for the pc if this sell well maybe a ds/psp port
ohmy.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah I've really been looking forward to this, the guys have worked their asses off and made a very very professional game especially for indie devs.
I'll be waiting for a free demo because I doubt my PC can run it, but if it can I am definitely buying this.

support indie games.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was thinking I'll just let the negative comments slide, but I decided against it.

Shutup.

I know here at GBAtemp a lot of members have the privilege of piracy so a lot of games seem 'worthless' and offering 2 second negative evaluations is common, but that's a trend I won't let carry over into indie games.
First, if you consider pirating indie games, you are fuckin scum.
Most indie games remain free because they're either from amateurs, or from professionals who made it on the side and don't really need the money.
But in this case, they flat out deserve the money.
If you bothered to keep track of this game, you would see how passionate they have been towards making it, and how proud they are to have finished.
I'm sure you've played many games where the developers haven't given a damn about the game, where your cynical shallow judgments were warranted

To summarize, if you're not interested in an indie game, that's fine, but they sure as hell do not need, nor deserve any negativity.
After all, they were made because someone wanted to share an idea, and if you aren't interested in ideas, well then, you're a text book example of a close minded fool.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QFT, .TakaM. I've been keeping an eye on this game since it was announced months ago (at least when I heard of it). I'll be trying the demo and if I like it the devs will earn my 30 bucks for sure.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was thinking I'll just let the negative comments slide, but I decided against it.

Shutup.

Wow, perhaps you want to come down off your soap box and join the real world.

I know here at GBAtemp a lot of members have the privilege of piracy so a lot of games seem 'worthless' and offering 2 second negative evaluations is common, but that's a trend I won't let carry over into indie games.

So we can't have negative opinions of indie games? Or is it we just can't have negative opinions of games you think are great?

First, if you consider pirating indie games, you are fuckin scum.

So it's ok to pirate from the big guys because they have lots of money, but you are scum for pirating from the little guys. Seems like double standards to me

Most indie games remain free because they're either from amateurs, or from professionals who made it on the side and don't really need the money.
But in this case, they flat out deserve the money.

Why do they deserve the money more than other indie projects? You've just said that most indie projects don't really need the money, so why is it any different from these guys?

If you bothered to keep track of this game, you would see how passionate they have been towards making it, and how proud they are to have finished.
I'm sure you've played many games where the developers haven't given a damn about the game, where your cynical shallow judgments were warranted

You are aware that the developers (i.e. the programmers, artists, writers, etc...) of large games are usually very proud and passionate about the games they make? Generally when 'they don't give a damn' it is related to management, rather than the indiviuals behind the real work. You've also answered my previous question; We aren't allowed to have negative opinions of games where the developers 'give a damn'.

To summarize, if you're not interested in an indie game, that's fine, but they sure as hell do not need, nor deserve any negativity.

Why not, people are entilted to an opinion. Constructive critism can also be helpful to developers.

After all, they were made because someone wanted to share an idea, and if you aren't interested in ideas, well then, you're a text book example of a close minded fool.

Seems you're pretty closed minded about people having 'negative' ideas.

---

On topic of the game, I don't have flash installed on this PC so I haven't been able to check it out yet, but the screenshots look decent so I'll come back to it once I have flash installed.

Edit: Just installed flash. Looks brilliant for an indie game. Very polished. Reminds me of the old (Sierra?) game Loom where you interacted with the world through song.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I originally had a big multiquote post murdering your stupid fucking 1 dimensionally condescending counter points.
But I'll only bother with the part I care to clarify.
All opinions are good, just don't be a jackass and post a scrambled 2 second judgment and think you've done your part to contribute.
that's not an opinion, it's an insult to everyone with an opinion.

D

Deleted User

Being a indie game doesn't mean you can't criticize it, but you should at least give it some respect.
Making a indie game is closer to art than to crafting.
You can criticize craft like big companies does because it's here mainly to do money. Art on the other hand might ask from you to understand it before criticizing it.
Saying this look unintersting or dull without having experienced it is like reading somewhere about comtemporary art and saying that's it's the work of idiot.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i respect the amount of time and effort and graphics and polish that went into this game. alot of passion, is great to see from indie games.

but i still think it doesnt have much to offer. 2D is great, but this game doesnt look like there is much just judging from all the videos on youtube.

i also can't stand the main character's rag-doll physics. she doesn't look like shes swimming around, she doesnt even look like a living thing - she looks like a paper-doll with paper hinges being dragged around by a string. they spent so much time making the levels and everything else look beautiful - they could have spent a little time making the main focus of the game a little more believable.

i _just_ noticed on youtube someone said "she needs a more natural kicking motion"

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually kinda like how they did the animation. It draws the attention away from special effects (which so many games seem to focus on these days) and lets the player look more at the actual art. Plus it allows for some more fluidity which looks nice in an underwater environment.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but i still think it doesnt have much to offer. 2D is great, but this game doesnt look like there is much just judging from all the videos on youtube.

Interesting.. we've likely both seen the same videos, but I made a totally different judgement based on just those. 2d free exploration, free movement, big boss battles. Screams Metroid for me. May I ask if you liked the 2d Metroid games for SNES and GBA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==