Not open for further replies.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ex.gbatemp said:
No offense admins but you guys are idiots. Did you even bother to consider that some of GBAtemp's members would be extremely sensitive towards Gamespot/CNET after the Jeff Gerstman scandel?!

You lost members - some even deleted all of their posts!

The community was seriously damaged by your joke! I hope it was worth the laugh.

You should chalk up your ego, comb through ever post to identify them and apologize to the ones you offended.

i wonder who created a new account just to post this.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
ex.gbatemp said:
No offense admins but you guys are idiots. Did you even bother to consider that some of GBAtemp's members would be extremely sensitive towards Gamespot/CNET after the Jeff Gerstman scandel?!

The community was seriously damaged by your joke! I hope it was worth the laugh.

You should chalk up your ego, comb through ever post to identify them and apologize to the ones you offended.

Happy April Fools day to you too!
toot.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ex.gbatemp said:

We're sorry you deleted your posts (and yes, I know who this is, only one member did that). I felt awful after seeing what you'd done, but we didn't make you edit the content out of your posts, that was you over-reacting. In fact, most members eventually got past the joke and started going back to business as usual. Also, we were pulling down more visitors last night than just about any other night, so if anything we've actually gained members.

Again, sorry you took it so hard though. We hope you'll eventually get past this and come back, but if not, well, it's your call.

Austinz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damnit its not owned by CNET anymore, well im sorry guys, but this will be my last post, without CNET, gbatemp is dead to me

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Opium said:
Yeah the R4 Update was a decoy joke. A lot of people fell for it and even more got pissed off. It was pretty funny though looking back through that thread. I get to have a bit of fun.

I big 'sorry' goes out to the people who got upset and also to the headache I might have created for the R4 Team. As a present of good faith I give to you the ROM for Golden Sun: Solar Soothsayer (yes its real, its not April Fools anymore):

Download

No need to apologize mate, it was a class gag!

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I deleted my posts as a knee jerk reaction as well (I was pissed/disappointed and didn't want a corp entity owning my words as it were) ten min later I realized it was one day before April 1st - doh!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
kompact said:
I deleted my posts as a knee jerk reaction as well (I was pissed/disappointed and didn't want a corp entity owning my words as it were) ten min later I realized it was one day before April 1st - doh!
Guess that makes two. Sorry about that! Though, I hope you understand if I question the logic behind deleting old posts. It seems like a lot of effort for an act of protest.
blink.gif

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I knew it was a Joke but then again, that slight possibility that it was real sucked hard. . .glad it was a joke.
biggrin.gif

shouryuuken

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone who actually fell for that is fucking retarded. It was so shittly done and over the top. SO blatantly obvious. Give me a break.

wiiyogi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to THING GBATEMP COULD DO TAHT STOOPID SHIT

yuh guys fucking HAD MEE i was so pissed, i actually signed in this time,, thisis my FIRST POST LOL i had to come on and tell your fatasses taht YES
YOU GOT ME HAPPY :|
LOL but THANK YOU GOD GBATEMP is owned by GBATEMP. MAKE SURE IT STAyS LIEK THAT.

stoopid guys had me FREAKED :|

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was pretty fucked right there...had me going until I read the date today. Assholes....cursing....its like wiping your ass with silk!!!

danielgardino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must confess that I´ve never seen so much dedication and work to try to make us fall for this nasty April Fools joke. Advertising Banners, CNET Taskbar, even shutting down the site for a few hours just to pretend the servers are moving to CNET... that´s pretty orchestrated joke.

Oh, and the "new" moderators... Adam, Pete, Ryan, Ian and Liam... that´s very funny. Very nice people.
gbasp.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Renegade_R said:
It was a little over the top to be believable.

Maybe would have got a 13 year old kid.
Only if you take it as just what you saw on the outside (the banner and such), the reason it was believable was because of things I will speak off underneath the quote below...

QUOTE(danielgardino @ Apr 1 2008, 08:39 PM) I must confess that I´ve never seen so much dedication and work to try to make us fall for this nasty April Fools joke. Advertising Banners, CNET Taskbar, even shutting down the site for a few hours just to pretend the servers are moving to CNET... that´s pretty orchestrated joke.

Oh, and the "new" moderators... Adam, Pete, Ryan, Ian and Liam... that´s very funny. Very nice people.
gbasp.gif
There was much more to it than that. We had fake topics appear and disappear, we leaked faked rumors for a month, etc etc. We had most people believing it was true before the actual joke went into effect. The cherry on top was that we released it on March 31st (April 1st in Australia) to avoid the typical "It was launched on April fools day so it has to be a joke" skepticism.

However, admittedly, it probably wasn't as convincing if you hadn't been hearing all th rumors swirling, and seeing people's topics on it mysterious get closed/deleted. Or if you hadn't seen the fake staff arguments we put on in the IRC channel, or didn't know about the quitings. This was one of the most complex, elaborate, and convoluted pranks you'll probably ever see.
laugh.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Shit.

C'mon guys, this is the second time I've shitted my pants today
frown.gif

GBAtemp Shop needs official GBAtemp underwear.

You guys sure did get me though!

GBAtemp
grog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay