Hardware Appreciation for depth

rufus83

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may seem like a strange topic, but I had to see if anyone may be experiencing the same thing.
Has anyone else here noticed, after playing the 3DS for a while, that the excitement of 3D has had you paying more attention to depth in real life?
It's strange. Depth is obviously something I see every day, but it happens so often that I've taken it for granted and now that I've become excited about it again it seems to stand out more? I've almost even started to imagine it on 2D surfaces... I've caught the text on my monitor almost seeming as if it's popping out of the monitor.... Maybe I should stop playing this 3DS so much...
wacko.gif

RocketMBA

Trophies
XP
Country
I've definitely experienced this! Perhaps it's the way we're forced to focus with both eyes constantly with the 3DS that's getting us into the habit of focusing with both eyes all the time?

But it might be down to getting new glasses on the same day as getting the 3DS...

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to focus your eyes consciously on the 3ds screen that means you have the 3d turned up too high and you'll likely end up damaging your vision.

It's tempting to leave it high for the maximum 3d depth, but you'll end up doing harm to yourself in the long run. Much better to find a level that's comfortable.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
rapidly switching focus on 2 screens ALONE stresses the eyes, how much more if you're rapidly switching focus on 2 screens, 1 being 3D???

(The World Ends With You gameplay forces you to alternately switch looking at 2 screens during battles)

mikehammerX9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
rufus83 said:
I've caught the text on my monitor almost seeming as if it's popping out of the monitor.... Maybe I should stop playing this 3DS so much...
wacko.gif

Hahahaha, no way! Happens to me all the time after I quit playing my 3DS! It's so weird that I was a little scared when it happened for the first time LOL.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
If you have to focus your eyes consciously on the 3ds screen that means you have the 3d turned up too high and you'll likely end up damaging your vision.

It's tempting to leave it high for the maximum 3d depth, but you'll end up doing harm to yourself in the long run. Much better to find a level that's comfortable.

Show me an article stating this as a fact and I might believe it otherwise this is just your own personal opinion. Optometrists and such have been stating the contrary as there has been no study done yet afaik.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
koji2009 said:

Show me an article stating this as a fact and I might believe it otherwise this is just your own personal opinion. Optometrists and such have been stating the contrary as there has been no study done yet afaik.

Agreed. On the contrary, the American Optometrists Association has said that the 3DS is actually beneficial:

“The 3DS could be a godsend for identifying kids under 6 who need vision therapy,” stated Michael Duenas, the associate director for health sciences and policy for the American Optometric Association in an interview with USA Today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.