Application to disconnect game cart from 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Squirps, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Squirps
    OP

Squirps Official Squirps of GBATemp.netâ„¢

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The corner in that dark alley.
    Hi all, I currently own an A9LH+Luma N3DS on 11.2 and I have a Supercard DSTWO from the good ol' DS days. I really enjoy being able to use my DSTWO whenever I can, but the battery drain on the 3DS is INSANE; my 3DS barely lasts for even six hours when I put it in sleep mode. My goal is to somehow be able to keep the DSTWO in the slot but basically make it so no power is being directed towards it so that it doesn't cause such a major drain on battery when not in use. Is there some sort of "toggle" application out there that can solve this problem? Or does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with this (besides removing the cart)?

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    I'd recommend another flashcart. Get one without an onboard cpu.

3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    When I used gateway or dstwo I popped them out (but left them sat half in the slot) when I put the console to sleep. I don't think you're going to get a better option than that, besides getting a different DS flash cart that doesn't have a cpu.

4. Squirps
    OP

Squirps Official Squirps of GBATemp.netâ„¢

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The corner in that dark alley.
    That makes sense. Will any flashcart work, even those that used to be blocked by DSi Menu 1.4 back in those days? (i.e. the old M3i Zero?)

5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    There are ways to make most of them work if they're blocked, but the most straightforward option is to get one that says it will work on 3DS.