Hacking Application/game doesn't have install option

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am using Luma, I have installed and played other games fine but for some reason a particular game doesn't have an install option when I go to click on it's file in the launcher.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Just to clarify, when I try to install the CIA file in FBI there is no install option, just copy, move and rename etc.

Last edited by guitaristanime,

phzwzrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How did you obtain the .cia? It could possibly have been dumped/converted into a .cia improperly. If no one else has any problems with it on the site you downloaded from then either you don't have space to install it where you want, or maybe FBI is configured wrong - are you on it's latest version?

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just installed FBI about a week ago, I've installed and played numerous other games without issue like Zelda, Mario & Luigi RPG etc

The game is Pokemon Moon Ultra, I've downloaded it from two different places now, both torrents with good feedback.
File is on my SD card and I have more free space than the size of the CIA.

If there wasn't enough free space on the SD card would the option to install really be missing from the context menu?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there wasn't enough free space on the SD card would the option to install really be missing from the context menu?
no thats not how it works . . . you would have the option then you would get a error message in/from fbi
The game is Pokemon Moon Ultra, I've downloaded it from two different places now, both torrents with good feedback.
File is on my SD card and I have more free space than the size of the CIA.
. . . torrents . . . try a direct download site

and for your sake you should answer the question they both asked
or maybe FBI is configured wrong - are you on it's latest version?

are you using latest FBI
so i will ask what version is your installed fbi app

Last edited by wormdood,

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no thats not how it works . . . you would have the option then you would get a error message in/from fbi
. . . torrents . . . try a direct download site

and for your sake you should answer the question they both asked

so i will ask what version is your installed fbi app

The exact version number I'm using is 2.5.3

EDIT: I'm just obtaining the CIA from another direct source, I did try my newsbin and other direct sites and the download has been nuked, but I've just found one where it's still live.

Last edited by guitaristanime,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiple corrupt downloaded files, problem solved.

Thanks for your perseverance everyone.
thats why i suggested downloading a non-torrent version torrents often are oddly compressed and/or split causing corruption issues if not restored with the exact program that the up-loader used when creating it . . . its far easier to use direct download sites

guitaristanime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thats why i suggested downloading a non-torrent version torrents often are oddly compressed and/or split causing corruption issues if not restored with the exact program that the up-loader used when creating it . . . its far easier to use direct download sites
A lot of direct downloads had been nuked unless they were private, the same goes for all my NZBs, couldn't find a single download on there for it weirdly. Gamefreak have done a good job this season :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass