Application/game doesn't have install option

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by guitaristanime, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM.

1. guitaristanime
    OP

guitaristanime Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United Kingdom
    I am using Luma, I have installed and played other games fine but for some reason a particular game doesn't have an install option when I go to click on it's file in the launcher.
    Any ideas?

EDIT: Just to clarify, when I try to install the CIA file in FBI there is no install option, just copy, move and rename etc.

Last edited by guitaristanime, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:23 PM
  2. phzwzrd

phzwzrd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United Kingdom
    How did you obtain the .cia? It could possibly have been dumped/converted into a .cia improperly. If no one else has any problems with it on the site you downloaded from then either you don't have space to install it where you want, or maybe FBI is configured wrong - are you on it's latest version?

3. AmandaRose

AmandaRose The Fallen Angel

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    Could be a bad cia.

Could be you simply forgot to unzip it. Seen numerous people make that mistake.

Could be a number of other reasons.

We need more info like are you using latest FBI and what is the name of the game anyway.

guitaristanime likes this.
  4. guitaristanime
    OP

guitaristanime Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United Kingdom
    I just installed FBI about a week ago, I've installed and played numerous other games without issue like Zelda, Mario & Luigi RPG etc

The game is Pokemon Moon Ultra, I've downloaded it from two different places now, both torrents with good feedback.
    File is on my SD card and I have more free space than the size of the CIA.

If there wasn't enough free space on the SD card would the option to install really be missing from the context menu?

5. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    no thats not how it works . . . you would have the option then you would get a error message in/from fbi
    . . . torrents . . . try a direct download site

and for your sake you should answer the question they both asked
    so i will ask what version is your installed fbi app

Last edited by wormdood, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:32 PM
  6. guitaristanime
    OP

guitaristanime Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United Kingdom
    The exact version number I'm using is 2.5.3

EDIT: I'm just obtaining the CIA from another direct source, I did try my newsbin and other direct sites and the download has been nuked, but I've just found one where it's still live.

Last edited by guitaristanime, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:37 AM
  7. guitaristanime
    OP

guitaristanime Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United Kingdom
    Multiple corrupt downloaded files, problem solved.

Thanks for your perseverance everyone.

8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    thats why i suggested downloading a non-torrent version torrents often are oddly compressed and/or split causing corruption issues if not restored with the exact program that the up-loader used when creating it . . . its far easier to use direct download sites

9. guitaristanime
    OP

guitaristanime Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United Kingdom
    A lot of direct downloads had been nuked unless they were private, the same goes for all my NZBs, couldn't find a single download on there for it weirdly. Gamefreak have done a good job this season :D