apple ii emu problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dashingw, Jan 10, 2013.

Jan 10, 2013

apple ii emu problem by dashingw at 3:46 PM (417 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dashingw
    OP

Newcomer dashingw Newbie

United States
    Hi'

I can run the emulator. I hit F2 on the keyboard and go to the directory where my games are. Now I am only using 2 games that should work until I figure out what I am doing wrong (Bug Attack and Dung Beetles).

When I Highlite one of the games and press enter it will pause for a second or two and then put me back to the cursor page.

I have tried it with the games zipped and unzipped and get the same thing. Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong??

any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Dash

2. tswntk

Member tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    What emu are you using and where do you store the games?

The only apple emulator I know of for the Wii is wiiapple but the key to load disk images is F3/F4 not F2
    The development have stopped in 2009 so I don't think it supports usb loading nor SDHC.

It badly needed to be updated with modern libs.

3. dashingw
    OP

Newcomer dashingw Newbie

United States
    yes F2 to start the emulator then F3\F4 to change disks. F3 gets me to the directory with the games in it on my sd card. SD/wiiApple/roms

I can scroll through the 2 games with the arrow keys but when I press enter the games don't load. apparently this emulator is supposed to work off an sd card . i went to the site of the original creator and games are supposed to work and I think I have picked two basic games at that. He just doesn't say which games work

4. tswntk

China
    You should select the games first and then F2 to boot it (aka insert disk then power on or reset in real apple)

5. dashingw
    OP

Newcomer dashingw Newbie

United States
    Aha, see, the screen tells me to select and hit enter which I do, but it sends me to a blank page with a cursor to type. However, once I am there i did what you said and hit F2 on the blank page and my game loaded. Never hurts to ask a question !! Thank you very much

Only Emulator I have problems with now is Coleco for the wii. All I can use on the wii remote is the + button and it brings up that stupid coleco numerical keypad which I cant figure out what I am supposed to do with it. Have you used the coleco emulator ??

6. tswntk

China
    no, sorry, can't help you on this one