Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm starting up on RB2 DLC Custom Songs. So I used Fs_Browser to get the .app files. Once I'm done editing the files, I would just repack the .app files. Now, if I got this from a Wad, I would just repack the wad with these files. But since I didn't, how am I suppose to inject them back into the wii?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you need a wadpacker.exe, there are 3 you can find here at GBATemp:

Blaze
Segher
Kike

for all of them you need:
title.tmd that is in the same folder as all the .app files
.app files, all the
.tik file, the

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
None of the existing wad packers will work with DLC. I don't think DLC can be packed into wads properly (unless you have every DLC file, in which case you'd end up with a useless >1GB wad).

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really? Perfect, thanks ether!

Edit: You sure tueidj? I'll try it anyways, but if It doesn't work, I guess customs are a no go
cry.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure, with DLC titles there are "optional" files (whether they are present depends on if they've been downloaded). They're type 0x4001 in the TMD. Wad packers always try and pack all the type 0x4001 files and fail when they can't find any. The only way it would probably work is if you hacked the TMD file.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I kind of remember had succes packing the GHWT DLC into a .wad file, but I delete it, so I really not sure if I succed or not, and since I formating my Wii (stupidly) now I don't have any file to pack
mad.gif
but tueidj is right about the 0x4001, the installed channels get packed in 0x8001, so the people in charge of creating the wadpackers may have the solutions to this...!!
biggrin.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I need to get into contact w/ one of the wad packer authors and see if they could release an altered version for DLC?

Edit: Wait a minute...I remember seeing somewhere that MegaMan DLC was released in WAD form. I wonder how they did it
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the... +1