• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

JamesyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I just got the Ooothax installed on my 3ds successfully. I am on firmware 11.00-33 and I have tried installing both FBI and NASA with no success. I dont know how to install the CIA for the save extractor, can anyone help me? Would LOVE to test this out :)
So, start off going here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and unzip it into the root of your 3DS SD card. It will put a file in the root and make a 3DS folder with other stuff.
Remember to unzip the contents of the Starter folder, not the folder itself.

Also get JK's Save Manager: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Again, unzip it to the root and it will put everything where needed. Same as before, you want the contents, not the folder it's all in in the zip.

Assuming you're using Ocarina of Time, you need: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Now, put your OoT in your Powersaves and back up your save.
It goes in C:/Users/<Your User Name>/PowerSaves

On http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ use the Otherapp/robpin tool. Put in your system type (old or new) and the version. Hit download ropbin. It will give you a file, you don't need to save it, just keep it up for reference.
In the zip for the OoT hack, there will be a couple of folders with PowerSaves files. There's two sets, I used the bottom. You may have to try the other if it doesn't work. Go to the folder for the country your system is for, and in it find the file that matches the ropbin file that you have for reference.

Copy that file to the directory of your PowerSaves backups. Copy the name of the backup you had made, then delete/rename it, and paste the name as the new name for the file you grabbed from the OoT folder.
Then when you load up PowerSaves, you restore that file back to the cart.

Then, with your SD card back in your system, load up OoT on your 3DS. Hit A to get to the start, load up the hacked save, and when everything is loaded on screen in the game, hit A. This will boot the Homebrew.

Once in the Homebrew, put your MHG cart in, and go down the list to JK's save program. Select ExtraData, and export. Give it a name and export it.
Now you can pop your SD card in your computer, and run the MHG editor and just load up the exported file, which will be under the SD:/JKSV/ExtData/<Game Name>/<Save Name you choose>

Once you're done, save, then pop the SD back in and just do the same, except Import the extradata.

And you're done.

Hopefully this will help you!

WaitWhatBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just got the Ooothax installed on my 3ds successfully. I am on firmware 11.00-33 and I have tried installing both FBI and NASA with no success. I dont know how to install the CIA for the save extractor, can anyone help me? Would LOVE to test this out :)
You can't at the moment for FBI and NASA
As for the Cia File, am guessing it's the JK save manager?
Get his zip pack from the Github he has on his page, extract to root of the SD then start the 3ds, load the Powersave game, get into Homebrew, swap games to MHG export save, look in the Root SD one pc for the save under the JKSM folder under saves, mod it with tool, import back after and load game.

Last edited by WaitWhatBro,
D

Deleted User

Hopefully this will help you!
OK so I put the JKSM.cia in the 3ds folder. Is this correct?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't at the moment for FBI and NASA
As for the Cia File, am guessing it's the JK save manager?
Get his zip pack from the Github he has on his page, extract to root of the SD then start the 3ds, load the Powersave game, get into Homebrew, swap games to MHG export save, look in the Root SD one pc for the save under the JKSM folder under saves, mod it with tool, import back after and load game.
I have monster hunter downloaded, not physical. Can I still do this? also where do I put the contents of the zip pack? Not quite sure what I am doing wrong

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On 11.0 you dont have kernel access unless you hard mod and downgrade, iirc (which I believe is required to install cias). Fortunately, you don't need it nor do you need to install any CIAs.

My personal setup for save extraction:
for MHGen: the 3DSX file for JKSM (put in your 3DS folder with the subfolder name matching the 3dsx file) Just be sure to export the EXT data as there is no 'save data' on the cart for that option to work.
https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases/tag/6-30-2016
for Fantasy Life: FLsavetool as hinted by @gamesquest1 (text borrowed from another gbatemp post linking to the same file) JKSM does not export Fantasy Life saves that work with the one glitch-free save editor I have found for it, so I needed this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz7n3a49ylmjp3g/FLsavetool.zip?dl=0
For virtually everything else (since few other games use extdata for saves): the save manager found in the post below. The OP just hasn't been updated since September 2015. The main reason to use this is that it properly extracts Pokemon saves, unlike some versions of JKSM which have been reported to 'corrupt' the save/render an invalid format for PKHex.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/

Last edited by iSharingan,
D

Deleted User

On 11.0 you dont have kernel access unless you hard mod and downgrade, iirc (which I believe is required to install cias). Fortunately, you don't need it nor do you need to install any CIAs.

My personal setup for save extraction:
for MHGen: the 3DSX file for JKSM (put in your 3DS folder with the subfolder name matching the 3dsx file) Just be sure to export the EXT data as there is no 'save data' on the cart for that option to work.
https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases/tag/6-30-2016
for Fantasy Life: FLsavetool as hinted by @gamesquest1 (text borrowed from another gbatemp post linking to the same file) JKSM does not export Fantasy Life saves that work with the one glitch-free save editor I have found for it, so I needed this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz7n3a49ylmjp3g/FLsavetool.zip?dl=0
For virtually everything else (since few other games use extdata for saves): the save manager found int the post below. I know for sure it works on my 2ds running menuhax on 9.0. It should work on 11.0 too, as it doesn't require kernel access (it's also a 3dsx and not a cia) - the OP just hasn't been updated since September 2015. I can confirm this one properly extracts Pokemon saves, unlike some versions of JKSM seem to.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/
Just attempted your method and the screen on top is just black and on bottom is a bright red. any tips to fix this?

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So found a bug.

If you edit your game while you're in prowler mode and save the edits, when you go back into the game your character name will now be whatever the Palico's name was that you were playing as. So in my game my character is now called Sunsnug, because that was the Palico I was using when I edited my game.

I'm hoping I can just pop my save back in the editor and change the name. But this is something you might want to look into.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just attempted your method and the screen on top is just black and on bottom is a bright red. any tips to fix this?
which method? the JKSV.3dsx file? the easiest way to make it work is jsut drag all of the zip file's contents onto the SD card and merge folders accordingly. FLsavetool only works with Fantasy Life and the third save manager linked only works for games that save directly on the game card.

EDIT: and I can confirm the third save manager I linked does indeed work on 11.0 without full CFW/kernel access. Oothax to HBL to the manager is all you need.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So found a bug.

If you edit your game while you're in prowler mode and save the edits, when you go back into the game your character name will now be whatever the Palico's name was that you were playing as. So in my game my character is now called Sunsnug, because that was the Palico I was using when I edited my game.

I'm hoping I can just pop my save back in the editor and change the name. But this is something you might want to look into.
Ah, this might be a bit tricky to save unless I can find a way to check if you're currently in prowler mode and which palico you're on.

D

Deleted User

which method? the JKSV.3dsx file? the easiest way to make it work is jsut drag all of the zip file's contents onto the SD card and merge folders accordingly. FLsavetool only works with Fantasy Life and the third save manager linked only works for games that save directly on the game card.
I merged everything in the first link and loaded it in the homebrew area.

EDIT: and I can confirm the third save manager I linked does indeed work on 11.0 without full CFW/kernel access. Oothax to HBL to the manager is all you need.
Still no luck, get a red screen every time I run the JK file manager. Any other ideas of how to fix it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After installing a older version of boot, it seems to have fixed it. however when in select save data options it tells me error opening save archive... :C just one issue after another

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I merged everything in the first link and loaded it in the homebrew area.

Still no luck, get a red screen every time I run the JK file manager. Any other ideas of how to fix it?
you're not on an o3DS or 2DS are you? I cant conform for those, as the only device I currently have on 11.0 is a n3DS. I'll check through the JKSM thread to see if anyone else has had that problem (as you prolly should to, in case I miss something). I just got everything working on my n3DS today, actually. I have not run into your problem even once and I had no part in the development of JKSM - nor any of the save export tools I liked, for that matter.

After installing a older version of boot, it seems to have fixed it. however when in select save data options it tells me error opening save archive... :C just one issue after another
export the EXT data. the save is not on the game cart.

D

Deleted User

you're not on an o3DS or 2DS are you? I cant conform for those, as the only device I currently have on 11.0 is a n3DS. I'll check through the JKSM thread to see if anyone else has had that problem (as you prolly should to, in case I miss something). I just got everything working on my n3DS today, actually. I have not run into your problem even once and I had no part in the development of JKSM - nor any of the save export tools I liked, for that matter.
I am on a Old 3ds

D

Deleted User

jsut in case you missed the edit: export the EXT data. the save is not on the game cart, itself, so exporting the save data via the first option will always fail.
I have attempted both options. also is it supposed to ask what game I would like to extract from BEFORE that menu comes up or is it after I select which type of data to export?

JamesyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and unzip it into the root of your 3DS SD card. It will put a file in the root and make a 3DS folder with other stuff.

Also get JK's Save Manager: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Again, unzip it to the root and it will put everything where needed. Same as before, you want the contents, not the folder it's all in in the zip.

Assuming you're using Ocarina of Time, you need: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

On http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ use the Otherapp/robpin tool. Put in your system type (old or new) and the version. Hit download ropbin. It will give you a file, you don't need to save it, just keep it up for reference.
In the zip for the OoT hack, there will be a couple of folders with PowerSaves files. There's two sets, I used the bottom. You may have to try the other if it doesn't work. Go to the folder for the country your system is for, and in it find the file that matches the ropbin file that you have for reference.

Copy that file to the directory of your PowerSaves backups. Copy the name of the backup you had made, then delete/rename it, and paste the name as the new name for the file you grabbed from the OoT folder.

Then, with your SD card back in your system, load up OoT on your 3DS. Hit A to get to the start, load up the hacked save, and when everything is loaded on screen in the game, hit A. This will boot the Homebrew.

Once in the Homebrew, put your MHG cart in, and go down the list to JK's save program. Select ExtraData, and export. Give it a name and export it.
Now you can pop your SD card in your computer, and run the MHG editor and just load up the exported file, which will be under the SD:/JKSV/ExtData/<Game Name>/<Save Name you choose>

Once you're done, save, then pop the SD back in and just do the same, except Import the extradata.

And you're done.
Just curious, are you running all this on an Old 3DS on 11.0?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright just got home a while ago and added a lot of stuff

New Update: v0.05
What's new:
-Unlock all palico gear
-Export Equipments
-Import Equipments
-Export Equipment Box
-Import Equipment Box
-Edit equipment charms (Don't have the IDs for the charms for now so you'll have to figure them out) (Thanks to @Jan Tan for the offsets!)

Remember to ALWAYS back up your save file

Last edited by APM,
Reactions: Neter92

zenbone7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Dumb questions coming up. I'm really new to editing data withing the 3ds files (previously used powersaves because im a scrub) And I can't get homebrew running on my N3ds, Is there anywhere to like... beg people to modify my data for me and send it back? sorry if this is the wrong place. super new

JamesyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, Dumb questions coming up. I'm really new to editing data withing the 3ds files (previously used powersaves because im a scrub) And I can't get homebrew running on my N3ds, Is there anywhere to like... beg people to modify my data for me and send it back? sorry if this is the wrong place. super new

And you're done.
Try this.

ragnaedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright just got home a while ago and added a lot of stuff

New Update: v0.05
What's new:
-Unlock all palico gear
-Export Equipments
-Import Equipments
-Export Equipment Box
-Import Equipment Box
-Edit equipment charms (Don't have the IDs for the charms for now so you'll have to figure them out) (Thanks to @Jan Tan for the offsets!)

Remember to ALWAYS back up your save file
hello! thanks for the tools so I put the skills i like on my palico but everytime I equip it and goes on a mission with the palico the skills and actions equipped are disappearing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night