Hacking Anyway to convert Gateway's Zelda save to SavDataFiler compatible ?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i said this already, but i guess it happens to other people to:
does your gw card led light up when it is inserted, when you load the exploit?
mine does

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so, it is at least 'nearly' loading the gw launcher or something :)
i doubt the led lighting up is a coincidence.

Maybe, I didn't have the LED thing when GW actually loaded.

It freaked me out the first time it happened, went straight to run the diagnostic test, and everything was fine :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can achieve to run an exploit on an already exploited NAND, IMO it will just lead to a big crash. Anyway, I won't do it without a hardmod because Gateway's launcher.dat obfuscated code may be harmful...
Those are both excellent points. NTR cannot run alongside GW per cell9.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im having doubts this will work without GW modding the save to load the payload from a file in the saveFS.........to rule out it being a eshop error i just removed the GW save from the cart, used NTR to resore the exploit save and all that happens is exactly what has been happening for you guys on the eshop version i.e white screen.......which leads me to believe that the payload is indeed not part of the SaveFS and stored at an offset in the save as was originally suggested........which begs the question of how exactly did it work for you ra1d if there was only the crashing par of the exploit present and no payload used to load up the launcher.dat

another thing that sort of confirms that the save is not stored as part of the saveFS is the fact that 3DSexplorer crashes upon trying to open the GW save, but works fine with a normal Oot save.......again suggesting its more of a malformed save

Reactions: Framedspider

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
By the way, if you download the save file you posted for me, and restore it to your cartridge, does the exploit work for you ?
nope, thats the point i was making, the files i uploaded is just the save that crashes the game that can then be used to read the payload......but not the payload itself

Ra1d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nope, thats the point i was making, the files i uploaded is just the save that crashes the game that can then be used to read the payload......but not the payload itself

It can't be just that, because like I said it did load GW. And I don't think it happened as a result of something else doing magic stuff with the sav file to load it on my system.

All i did that day was first use thorasgar's save file which made me reboot all the time because of different regions, then you posted your save file and it worked.

I did try also that day taking GW's file and changing it's name to 0000001.sav and replacing the one in Nintendo's folder out of naivety which obviously made my sav corrupt.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok, why doesn't everyone keep trying. if it worked for you once, it might work again... :)
i don't mind testing about 20 more times

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well i was messing about with it after editing the save to start on slot1 rather than slot 2.....which works, but just has the same error as the eshop imported save as i can only assume its missing the payload..........importing the files using NTR into a already injected GW save causes a corrupt save message..........hmmm guess i will try another day

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question. I know we have been trying to extract a cart save and injecting it into a cia. Have we tried injecting the save file supplied by Gateway into to the cia? That file has everything that is needed. Not sure if it is possible or not.

Framedspider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would the sd tool from eshop, transfer the gateway save with the payload from the cart to the eshop copy? That's what i wanted to try, but i cant find my copy anywhere..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F