Question Anyone with a modded Switch and Linux Mint or Ubuntu based distro?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by yadspi, Oct 11, 2018.

1. yadspi
    OP

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    I have Linux Mint on my Laptop and Windows 10 on my Desktop, whenever I copy a NSP file to the SD Card on Mint I cant't install it 'cause it gets corrupted (white icon, install failed). It never happens on Windows 10.

2. asdf123

asdf123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    Australia
    I use mint and mine works perfectly when I eject the SD card.

3. nekojosh

nekojosh GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2015
    Panama
    Panama City, Panama
    Sounds like either a faulty/fake SD card or a cheap dongle to connect it to pc. Also, I've heard issues with SX OS installer. Have you tried installing with Tinfoil?

4. yadspi
    OP

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    So you don't have any problems copying files, in this case NSP files with Mint? Good to know...

It happens on a 32GB Sandisk and the 128GB Silicon Power I hace, also with a USB SD card reader and a SD Card reader...only on Mint not Windows 10....Mint copy the files, I eject and I get .TRASH files, the NSP doesn't have an icon and doesn't install on SX OS or Tinfoil, I did a fresh Mint install with a new SSD and it does it...maybe it's my laptop? At least I know it's not Mint per se.

5. entropy989

entropy989 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 with Cinnamon, I don't have this issue. It does sound like it's potentially related to your file manager though. Try copying with command line and see what happens?

yadspi likes this.