Hacking Anyone using reading glasses with NDS?

Goshogun1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone uses over-the-counter reading glasses when playing their DS Lite. I just started using them last night, and it makes my screens look much larger, with no loss of resolution. I have 20/20 vision, so I don't necessarily need them, but it really makes things look much nicer. Just wondering if anyone else does this.
cool.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sometimes but not often since there's hella load of scratches on my PHAT top screen due to me having a screen protector on for 1 and a half years of having my ds... it started to slide around a bit but I had no idea that grit was gettin in there D: looks bad and it's quite annoying to make the scratches seem even larger
dry.gif

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that using any types of vision correction on a bright screen would ruin your eyesight. I don't use any vision correction to see the DS.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cheater388 said:
I thought that using any types of vision correction on a bright screen would ruin your eyesight. I don't use any vision correction to see the DS.
Lucky Phat screens are really dark in comparison... or unlucky ¬.¬ bought my ds about a month before Lite came out and I didn't have internet to know about it
cry.gif

Goshogun1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheater388 said:

If that's true then I won't continue. Thanks for sharing.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, but it's gonna become necessary before long. I've noticed myself becoming more far-sighted as time goes by, I USED to have 20/10 vision. But I'm 40, so it's to be expected that I'm going to lose my visual acuity.

Losing an eye in 1991 didn't help. A car battery blew up in my face. I still have my eye, but there is no iris (the color part that controls the size of the pupil. This means that eye filters NO light. Not fun.) and no lens (0% focus). Everything in that eye is one very bright blur. I now have to wear sunglasses even on cloudy days.

As it is, I have to hold things a minimum of about 1 foot away to see them, so I'm still good with the DS as I hold it about 1.5 to 2 feet away when playing it. But the time will come when I'll need those reading glasses.

I'll tell ya, it took me 2 years to learn to deal with seeing in 2D. It's 2 years of sanity ripped from my soul, and the 2D torture NEVER ends. I'm a completely different person than I was previous to 1991.

I should write a blog about that someday.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder have you ever tried an occlusive soft contact lens in that eye?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1