Anyone using Mayflash Dolphin Sensor Bar on their PC?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by misticknight1, May 25, 2016.

1. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Not sure this belongs here, i did a quick search and couldnt find anything. basically i bought this the other day

http://www.mayflash.com/products/nintendowiigc/w010.html

its a wii sensor bar with built in bluetooth made specifically for the dolphin emulator. ive managed to connect my wii mote just fine, the PC even recognises it as a mouse and i can do normal PC tasks using my wiimote, but as soon as i load a game via the emulator the wiimote disconnects. exit the emulator and its back to working as a "mouse" again. not sure what im doing wrong. ive tried a couple of versions of dolphin too and it does the same thing. any ideas?

also while i have this topic i tried putting it near my wii on the TV using a wiimote synced with the wii console, and it didnt pick anything up. i thought all it needed was a light source, ive seen people use their phones as a sensor bar. shouldnt it have still picked it up as long as its on?

2. k3rizz3k

k3rizz3k GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    I had a similar issue with mine.. Putting it in mode 4 worked for me

3. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    wow....easiest fix ever lol. man i can kiss you right now. what about my other question though? shouldnt any other wiimote be able to use it as a light source still?

4. Bndnrd

Bndnrd Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2013
    United States
    Evans, Georgia
    You have to set the dolphin bar to mode 4 by using one of the buttons on top of the bar itself. That will put it in dolphin mode so that dolphin can use it.
    edit: ninjad

5. k3rizz3k

k3rizz3k GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    They should. I've only ever used it with one, on my pc.

6. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    for some reason it wasn't. dont want to have to install both sensor bars onto my TV but eh, if i have to sacrifice one, ill sacrifice the official one, i use dolphin more often anywyas. thanks again for the help peeps :)

7. Bndnrd

Bndnrd Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2013
    United States
    Evans, Georgia
    I've never been able to get it to work with my wii either. Don't know why, but it just never picked it up.

8. misticknight1
    OP

misticknight1 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2015
    Weird. I mean candles work apparantly ffs lol. Ah well.