unsure.gif

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha, i agree with Haflore,
theres also the possibility that theyll just develop some sort of own language in their head, or anything that just communicates any sort of message.
oh, and theres something thats been bugging me for a while.
is sign language a language itself, or is it something to represent a language?

jgu1994

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that just wouldn't make sense. It's hard to explain in words why but it just doesn't make sense to me.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
straight from google because im lazy
smile.gif

Can you think without language? Answer: Nope, at least not at the level humans are accustomed to. That's why deafness can have far more serious consequences than blindness, developmentally speaking. The blind suffer many hardships, not the least of which is the inability to read in the usual manner. But even those sightless from birth acquire language by ear without difficulty in infancy, and having done so lead relatively ordinary lives. A congenitally deaf child isn't so lucky: unless someone realizes very early that he's not talking because he can't hear, his grasp of communication may never progress beyond the rudiments.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dbkdbk said:
is sign language a language itself, or is it something to represent a language?
It is a language itself.

QUOTEBut that just wouldn't make sense. It's hard to explain in words why but it just doesn't make sense to me.
The way that a deaf person thinks is probably incomprehensible to someone who isn't deaf.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Depravo said:
jgu1994 said:
Depravo said:
Probably the same language they learned to read and write in.
But they've never heard what the language actually sounds like.
So?
When a person speaks you also think the word at the same time, like when you mouth words you still hear what your saying because your thinking it.
When a person is deaf, very rarely will they lose all hearing capabilities, so after a very long period they can learn a language thus they are able to think it.
And besides it would be impossible to learn sign language if they can't hear the word it means

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about this before, not about deaf but wondering how someone would think without words, we need words to think..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back