Hardware Anyone seen this for Bluetooth audio? Thoughts?

Gedi223

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drkalle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are Bluetooth Aux adapter for Cheap prices, that works also on the Switch.
Only bad thing, the design isnt good as the genki Adapter.

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I wish there was a way to use audio via the 3.5mm jack while charging without that obnoxious background noise (which is a result of charging) =/ My monitor doesn't have speakers so I can't send audio through HDMI - I have speakers I can plug into the device but that background noise is awful.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
That looks really interesting. They have already reached their funding goal as well. The only downside is that you can only use the console in handheld mode.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if I get the requirement for this. If you've got wireless headphones, it's kind of good but then if you're using it in handheld mode, it's got to be simpler just plugging in a wired pair hasn't it? - And the likelihood is you'll get better sound reproduction anyway. As for the wireless speakers - again, pretty cool but then you're carrying around a Switch and a bluetooth speaker wherever you go. Still, it's reached it's kickstarter goal, so it must have been a popular idea.

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I wish there was a way to use audio via the 3.5mm jack while charging without that obnoxious background noise (which is a result of charging) =/ My monitor doesn't have speakers so I can't send audio through HDMI - I have speakers I can plug into the device but that background noise is awful.

For anyone else who is looking, you can use a USB -> 3.5mm converter like https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-External-Headphone-Microphone-Desktops/dp/B016CU2PEU to fix this issue.

Also, looking at the kickstarter page, this seems really nice! I might get one, thanks.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are Bluetooth Aux adapter for Cheap prices, that works also on the Switch.
Only bad thing, the design isnt good as the genki Adapter.

I dunno, I have this one and I don't think it looks bad at all:
4jLOph9.jpg

I will say however, that the one thing this kickstarter thing has going for it is that the adapter doesn't need a battery to be charged unlike these adapters. Though I've only had to charge it a handful of times as it lasts quite awhile, it is a small inconvenience all the same.

What's also great about the device I have here is that it comes in 2 variations. The one I have allows for up to 2 bluetooth headsets to be paired to it at the same time, which can really be great for 2 player tabletop games especially if you're sitting next to each other on a plane or something like that. The other variation only allows one bluetooth headset to connect to it, but it looks exactly the same and functions as a transceiver which now actually serves a purpose due to Fortnite allowing us to chat directly through the system's 3.5mm jack instead of separately with the Switch online app.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

ReavoEnd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Bluetooth audio have annoying delay/lag?

When it's built into a device, for example smartphones, it's not so bad. BT audio is pretty lag-free and the delay is negligible.

However, when you use AUX jack BT transmitters, generally speaking my experience with them has yielded awful lag and annoying extra noise.

@MikaDubbz Which AUX transmitter do you have?

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
problem with other adapter is the audio delay.

I bought one from ebay and the audio was ever so slighty out of sync which would be annoying af

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==