Android Anyone Here With a Build Environment?

Viorlu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
What version android?
Xposed? Rooted?

I've build custom roms and some apps, so i'm known with compiling.
It's an Xposed module, so yeah, I have it and I'm rooted. I'm on Android 7.1.2.

Unfortunately this was pulled from the Xposed repository because it technically allows you to get a feature of YouTube Red for free, which I feel is incredibly dumb as allowing YouTube to run in the background (and with the screen locked) does not affect monetary gain for any party; the uploader isn't affected nor is Google. It doesn't allow one to get YouTube Red content for free or anything like that. It's completely asinine that Google would complain about this. Them doing so kind of implies that background playback is a major selling point for Red subscriptions and that people don't actually care about the content, which is sad.

are you good with linux? cause BBQ Linux has the android sdk already in the install though i would update the sdk which is sort of easy
I honestly can't be bothered to spin up a VM just for this. If I compiled Android related stuff on the regular I'd consider it, but it's good to know that this distribution exists. I was entirely unaware of it. I use OS X primarily so it's not like I don't have a UNIX environment to work with. It'd be super easy to setup what I need. I just don't want to setup the Android SDK and all that for one thing and never use it again.

Last edited by Joom,

Viorlu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's an Xposed module, so yeah, I have it and I'm rooted. I'm on Android 7.1.2.

Unfortunately this was pulled from the Xposed repository because it technically allows you to get a feature of YouTube Red for free, which I feel is incredibly dumb as allowing YouTube to run in the background (and with the screen locked) does not affect monetary gain for any party; the uploader isn't affected nor is Google. It doesn't allow one to get YouTube Red content for free or anything like that. It's completely asinine that Google would complain about this. Them doing so kind of implies that background playback is a major selling point for Red subscriptions and that people don't actually care about the content, which is sad.

I honestly can't be bothered to spin up a VM just for this. If I compiled Android related stuff on the regular I'd consider it, but it's good to know that this distribution exists. I was entirely unaware of it. I use OS X primarily so it's not like I don't have a UNIX environment to work with. It'd be super easy to setup what I need. I just don't want to setup the Android SDK and all that for one thing and never use it again.

You can always install a modified youtube player with auto background playing ( OGyoutube ) for example, works with logging in and stuff.

cause the issue with building it from the GitHub now, will give me error's and not make it compatible since it's build for older versions of android..

Joom

 ❤❤❤
OP
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
cause the issue with building it from the GitHub now, will give me error's and not make it compatible since it's build for older versions of android..
Yeah, it shouldn't really matter so long as you compile it for Android 6. I've already got it installed and it works fine. However, I have an old build installed, and it was just updated for the latest build of the YouTube app. Problem is that the developer doesn't offer compiled APKs.

Viorlu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it shouldn't really matter so long as you compile it for Android 6. I've already got it installed and it works fine. However, I have an old build installed, and it was just updated for the latest build of the YouTube app. Problem is that the developer doesn't offer compiled APKs.

Aah like that, maybe you can find prebuild versions online? But that gives the i don’t trust that issue, since someone can modify the app itself..

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there is a patch for youtube on lucky patcher that enables it that you can use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?