Gaming Anyone here using Wii Fit U and the meter?

CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been a bit of a fan of the previous wii fit games and got hold of wii fit u promo a while back and decided to get the meter to unlock the full game, love it so far.

Spent quite sometime trying to rack up my steps on the meter and see if I can out do myself, does anyone here use the wii fit u meter? It would be cool to see what others are averaging on a day to day basis with their steps :D

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I used it extensively in the early half of the year. And I still wear that meter on roughly every occasion, but don't check it every day anymore.

Averaging on a day to day basis...hard to say. I do a lot of jogging, so that I've recently completed all the running tracks (the first page, that is) doesn't say all that much. And while I should add 1,5 hour of karate three to four times a week, I never bothered adding it. So with that out of the equasion, the program calculated me to spend about 1800 calories a day.

Didn't that promo to unlock the full game with a meter end in February?

Reactions: CarefulCrysis

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I use the Fit Meter daily! I have it in my pants' pocket so everyday I go out it's there with me. I rarely use Wii Fit U, though. Only every other week or once a month to check my weight. Fit Meter resets every day so I use it to check my steps and it's awesome for that. I've found it to be much more accurate than fitness bands that I've tried (Nike+ FuelBand SE, Jawbone UP, and Fitbit Flex) and since it works best in my pocket, I don't have to worry about the shoes I'm wearing as with the Nike+iPod shoe pod. (Yeah, I've tried them all... Haha)

I'm average, I don't go to a gym, I have a 9-to-5 job, and I rarely do any sports. I take a daily walk outside, that's the only thing I do. Fit Meter has been an awesome help as it can keep in its memory the data for the past month, so I sync it with Wii Fit U only when I'm doing the Body Test. But the best feature of the Fit Meter is the extremely long battery life. I've had my Fit Meter in daily use since launch and the battery is still going strong. I don't know how often it's supposed to be replaced, but a pedometer that's among the most accurate out there that has a battery lasting for months is easily a much better product than a >100 euro fitness band that requires a recharge every two days.

P.S. If you missed out on the Wii Fit U promo (which ended in January, I believe), there's the free Wii Fit U Quick Check app that you can download if you own the retail disc version of Wii Fit U. It allows you to sync your Fit Meter and do the Body Test. That's exactly what I'm using (even though I participated in the promo and have the full Wii Fit U digitally as well).

CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used it extensively in the early half of the year. And I still wear that meter on roughly every occasion, but don't check it every day anymore.

Averaging on a day to day basis...hard to say. I do a lot of jogging, so that I've recently completed all the running tracks (the first page, that is) doesn't say all that much. And while I should add 1,5 hour of karate three to four times a week, I never bothered adding it. So with that out of the equasion, the program calculated me to spend about 1800 calories a day.

Didn't that promo to unlock the full game with a meter end in February?
I think the registration still counted if you downloaded the game prior to that date as I linked a wii fit meter and got the whole game.

I'm averaging 1200 - 1500 kcal day to day, I usually do jogging, cross training and cycling but that never registers correctly unfortunately. I've cleared nearly all the tracks on the first page just have 13.9km to go on Tour of Italy :D.

What's your progress bar for ascending? Mines - 065003ft and the walk/jog is 01477.1km.

CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use the Fit Meter daily! I have it in my pants' pocket so everyday I go out it's there with me. I rarely use Wii Fit U, though. Only every other week or once a month to check my weight. Fit Meter resets every day so I use it to check my steps and it's awesome for that. I've found it to be much more accurate than fitness bands that I've tried (Nike+ FuelBand SE, Jawbone UP, and Fitbit Flex) and since it works best in my pocket, I don't have to worry about the shoes I'm wearing as with the Nike+iPod shoe pod. (Yeah, I've tried them all... Haha)

I'm average, I don't go to a gym, I have a 9-to-5 job, and I rarely do any sports. I take a daily walk outside, that's the only thing I do. Fit Meter has been an awesome help as it can keep in its memory the data for the past month, so I sync it with Wii Fit U only when I'm doing the Body Test. But the best feature of the Fit Meter is the extremely long battery life. I've had my Fit Meter in daily use since launch and the battery is still going strong. I don't know how often it's supposed to be replaced, but a pedometer that's among the most accurate out there that has a battery lasting for months is easily a much better product than a >100 euro fitness band that requires a recharge every two days.

P.S. If you missed out on the Wii Fit U promo (which ended in January, I believe), there's the free Wii Fit U Quick Check app that you can download if you own the retail disc version of Wii Fit U. It allows you to sync your Fit Meter and do the Body Test. That's exactly what I'm using (even though I participated in the promo and have the full Wii Fit U digitally as well).
I very rarly use the game or any of it's features also, mostly use it to monitor my steps and weight, I can't count the amount of times I've lost the meter though and found it :). I find the whole wii u fit thing encouraging and makes me want to keep active ready for logging at the end of the day. :D Just out of curiosity what's your progress bar for ascending and walking? Mines - 065003ft and the walk/jog is 01477.1km.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end