Anyone here successfully(or not) hardmod an OLED switch?

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting into hardmodding lately and I want to hardmod a switch. Anyone here successfully hardmod an oled? How does it compare to an RGH3? I would be pretty proud of myself if I could pull off such operation but I don't know if I am in over my head.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few people have, of course. I did it… but it cost me a lot of money doing it myself (I’m not mad… Completing the project was quite special!). I fried my first attempt as a result of inexperience, and cheap tools. You MUST have a decent microscope! You should also have solder mask and a good UV light, to hold both wires and flex cables in place. Otherwise, some of the solder points are so tiny, dropping your switch or vibrations in a car could break your joints. You REALLY do not want to have to open it back up to repair connections, once it’s put together and working.

azxc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a decent microscope, hot air station, soldering iron, with enough patience it shouldn't be a problem. The most dangerous part would probably be reflowing the emmc.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Done a few didn't reflow emmc as the contact is plenty and used solder mask to extra secure it and other joints
No microscope just some tweezers.

The scraping off the PCB slightly overdid it first time masked it up and learnt my lesson

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it, purchased a new soldering iron (TS100), tips, and trinocular microscope to do it. DAT0 was an issue initially, I went back in and resoldered the adapter anchor while giving a more forceful push on the adapter. Hasn't had a hiccup since.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RGH process is nothing compared to hardmodding a switch imo

While the RGH process is also how I learned to solder. I think you should try a few more systems before you attempt a switch

Xbox’s are a lot cheaper to learn on than a switch and modchip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...