GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gifi4 said:
trumpet-205 said:
PeregrinFig said:
First of all, I was naive back then, now I would easily smell scam, as most people would.

This guy came up to me and asked if I wanted to play a game. We'd stand on two different floors, drop items, and rate each other's items. We went to this building, the tanning salon, which was always totally empty. I stood on the second floor and he was on the first. We both dropped all our stuff, and I started typing. Then, this second guy, his partner, popped out of nowhere. He was hiding behind a post, where I was totally unable to see him. I tried to pick up my stuff, but since I started typing in the chat box it wouldn't let me pick up the items. He grabbed all my stuff, and they both ran out. Looking back on it, I can't believe I fell for that.
Ah... The drop game scam. Don't worry pal, you are not the only one to fall for this scam.

Biggest reason why I turned away from MapleStory is because of Nexon failure on addressing these hackers and scammers.
http://maplestory.nexon.net/News/News.aspx?boardNo=105
Sure, they don't get all of them, but a whole lot of them do get caught.

I was on a good site for maplestory hacks, and yeah...it's really hindered. Hackers have a tough time with maplestory. Which is ASTONISHING considering they use gameguard....and gameguard is worse then no protection.

EDIT: As for scammers...they're nearly impossible to stop. Games try, but as long as there are people naive or stupid enough to fall for scams...there will always be scammers. I do wonder how anyone falls for crap like that though. I started playing runescape when I was 9 or 10, and I never once got scammed, though I recall people trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1