Anyone here ordered from Dell?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by R2DJ, Nov 13, 2009.

Nov 13, 2009

Anyone here ordered from Dell? by R2DJ at 4:26 PM (927 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Specifically huge items aside from desktops/laptops i.e. printers, monitors.

Because I just ordered a Dell SX2210 from them (which is a full HD 1080p monitor) which I will be using for gaming and uni work (programming and stuff). I got an e-mail saying the estimated delivery date is: 7 Jan 2010 I was a bit gutted since I could have just gone to the high street and buy that 22" LG from Currys but I took the high road and bought this for £170.

So if you have ordered something similar, does it really take that long (about a month or two), especially around the holidays? If it didn't for you, how long did it take?

FYI, the Dell website only has this monitor and I can't find any other 1080p monitors with HDMI (similar to this). I only consider Dell, Samsung and LG.

2. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello,

I've ordered from Dell. Only a laptop though. The expected delivery date was similar to yours, like 2 months. the product came in about 3 weeks though. [​IMG]

Check out this monitor
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824254040

I know its not dell, samsung, etc. But I have a 22" version of this one and my room mate has this exact model. The picture is great and has 2 hdmi ports. full 1080p.

I dont think you would be dissapointed. Plus 200 and free shipping. Im not sure if the Newegg UK would have it for the same though. check it out.

suppachipmunk

3. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I'm gonna get my hopes up and hope my monitor comes in 3 weeks as well. Since a laptop are sometimes custom-built and monitors don't (correct me if I'm wrong), maybe 2 and a half weeks? I hope so [​IMG]

And I already ordered a monitor so, no to your recommendation.

4. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    well I ordered a TV from amazon and it should come in a week...well just got a call by dhl saying it's coming tomorrow

5. Captin

Newcomer Captin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I've ordered lots of stuff from Dell for work, and delivery time vary from 1 week to 2 months (mainly for servers). But I wont purchase anything from them myself as they sell £200 worth of parts for £500.

6. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They set the date unusually high so they can claim all their shipments are made on time.

7. mattsaysfooey

Newcomer mattsaysfooey Advanced Member

United States
    Maybe external components....Surely wouldn't buy a computer from Dell.

8. jacely

Newcomer jacely Member

United States
    offen order from Gamezway,there seems a Japanese site comes,not bad

9. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    their laptops are quite good value. just remember, if you order over the phone you can HAGGLE!