Hacking Anyone having this problem with their R4 DS?

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Damn the R4 is a cheap piece of trash, After less the 1 FUCKIN WEEK of use the damn spring broke, and I only took the microsd out and in again about 2 times... had to open it and mess around with the spring system, then 2 those pins (or whatever they call those cheap plastic points) that fit on the holes to hold the thing together broke as well... at least is working again, but I had to put some tape because of the broken pins, 2 on the upper side broke, and the screw only holds the lower part so...

and also this morning I turned the ds on and this happened, it didn't recognized the R4, like there was nothing on slot1... after some taking out abd in again it worked...

since I got it from china I'm pretty much screwed, just what I would pay to send this POS back is enough to get a new one, and I won't, if this crap dies on me I'm getting a SC1, have my supercard CF for over 2 years of very intensive use and the thing still works perfect...

jrdehaisx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words there is no way to repair the spring broken part? or is there a way to stick a scotch tape and hold the MicroSD inside?

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had one of every Nintendo, cart based systems

from the huge carts of the nes-n64, and the hand holds

from original game boy-game boy advanced and ds

and this has always occurred, and giving it a good blow

always does the trick, its like rubbing a one pound coin

on your genes to get it to work in a coke machine, it don't

really do anything, and it might technically make it worse,

but it works
biggrin.gif

The Internet has this great feature called "Text Boxes" that automatically wrap your text around the text fields. They were introduced over 30 years ago - why does anyone still think they need to press Enter to make their text readable?
Stupid off topic posts like this one from WickEd or more like DickHead should get him band.
He only has 8 post & I bet there all as worthless as this one, why is there always a moron going
off topic to point out someone spelling, grammar or punctuations. The Internet is worldwide &
not everyone spells or writes the same.

But back on topic, cleaning contacts or loosening the screw on the shell for a tighter fit sometimes helps.

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
@cheeo

so im not the only one.

and on topic if anyone is planning on using a form of alcohol

of spirit to clean the contact points, make sure it is not to

strong because it can lift the strips of even melt the plastic

they are mounted on, just a warning, i would advise a