Gaming Anyone having problems with Transcend Micro SD Cards?

Pyrate02

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been ordering Transcend Class 6 Micro SD cards for a while now and they have been rock solid. Recently, I have been receiving cards that don't work on the R4i Gold (Wood Compatible). I always format with the Panasonic formatter program first. Stuff copies to the cards and they boot up in the R4i Gold, but when selecting a game, it freezes.

Has anyone else had recent problems with Transcend?

Any suggestions as to an alternate brand to use? I used to buy Kingston but I had problems with the DSTT and they were slow so I stopped buying those.

UDPDATE - continued problems - recently ordered 3 and 2 of them did not work in the R4i Gold - the weird thing is, one of the games worked - must have been a small file, but other games such as New Super Mario Bros did not....

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have only ever had one and it was a few years ago now, so I can't speak about recent cards from them. I generally use Kingston too but I have been flopping around trying to find the ideal brand that works best. I found a 16GB Lexar that works great for flash cards.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought two Transcend micros in the past that where both marked as class 6. The first one ended up being a fake and the second one was defective right out of a new blister pack. Ever since then I only use Sandisk micros and I haven't had any issues with those. I must have got lucky cause I did a test on this one class 2 16gb card I have and the results where over 6mb write and 26mb read. That would make It a class 6 and the read speed is just amazing compared to other cards I have that all read in the 9-15mb/sec range.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches