Anyone have weird experience with strangers?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Acrux, May 17, 2017.

1. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    I need to start dressing like a homeless person more often :P

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    I work outside and at people's houses. I talk to everyone. I'm pretty good at reading people. A couple of weeks ago, I asked a guy how it was going. He says "how does it look?" and accused me of having fake teeth (I take really good care of them and have never had braces). He was being sarcastic. After some other chitchat, another dude came up with some weed asking if I had papers. The first guy said he did. He fucked around cutting up the weed and rolled that joint. Smoked right there where I was working. I don't mind. Those guys cracked me up. People can be great. You never know.

Acrux and Quantumcat like this.
  3. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    When I was little, I was going home one day and I passed a man who had a plastic bag an adult could fit in, filled with rolls. He looked at me and asked if I wanted some. I said no thanks, and power-walked away.

Acrux and Quantumcat like this.
  4. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    Man, I didn't give a shit about it, that was the second time that old asked me for advice, the 1st time I suggested him to call journalists and let mass media to spread ur story which could get in touch more people, well it worked well and that has made more progresses than his own lonely investigation in last 2 years...

I Think he's desperate and he tried everything in his acknowledges to seek the truth, he then requested advices for second times, I knew if couldn't end that he would annoy me forever, so I told him to give up and I just don't give a shit about him.

Honestly strikes again

Last edited by leon315, May 22, 2017
    Acrux likes this.
  5. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
  6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    When I was on holiday in Texas an American woman came upto me and said sorry I could not help but notice your Scottish accent and I would like to ask you something and I said ok. She then said she was due to visit Scotland but was very worried and I asked her why. She then said she had heard that at night Scotland had a terrible problem of midgets coming out and attacking people. The thought of this put a vision in my head of little people on a rampage kicking people in the shins ect so I burst out laughing and she said I was rude and stormed off. It was only after she left I worked out she mixed up highland midges with midgets lol. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_midge?wprov=sfla1

Last edited by Marko76, May 19, 2017
    Sliter, Quantumcat and Acrux like this.
  7. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008

stranger danger! stranger danger!

Acrux likes this.
  8. Stephano

Stephano I love you Charlie

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    On the floor of the Engineering building
    I go to a lot of board game and card shops. In those places, I meet some of the weirdest people who try and talk to me. I feel bad if i just ignore them so i have to try and act interested in what they are trying to share with me. It can get really awkward.:mellow:

Acrux likes this.
  9. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    A random dude on my way home wanted money because his farm burned.
    Do I care? No. Would I give him? Fuck no.
    I said no and all he said was Quote: "Kurwa mać!" then started screaming near train station.
    What a retard, honestly.

Acrux likes this.
  10. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Translation?

11. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Universal "Fuck". You can literally use it to express anything. Happiness, Sadness, Amaze etc.

Acrux likes this.
  12. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I
    Danced with some random old woman once, it was a weird moment where we kept trying to move round each other but went the same way, so I just grabbed her and danced round her. Was funny, we both laughed

Quantumcat and Acrux like this.
  13. Stephano

Feb 18, 2016
    United States
    Ouch.

Acrux likes this.
  14. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    I got a funny story with a drunk when I was in 7th or 8th grade.

I was on a tram and at one of the stops a drunk went on. He looked at me with wide eyes and screamed "YOU ARE MY BROTHER!"
    There I sat, stunned and just annoyed because I was just minding my own business, since most Swedes tend to themselves, I was no exception.
    He tried to talk with me and I just ignored him, I think I still can remember the smell of him.

Acrux likes this.
  15. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Lol that's hilarious

Marko76 likes this.
  16. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    I had a rando ask me for directions, and then grabbed the back of my head, pulled me torward them and plant a kiss on me. told me that I could now "brag to all my friends" before driving off. That was weird. Got made fun of it a lot by my friends who saw it.

Last edited by osaka35, May 20, 2017
    Acrux likes this.
  17. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    well I'm hardly talk to strange and stuff but I remembered two cases xD
    One I was just walking home, then a guy walking at me side, we was on the same speed and really walked side by side but not talking or something :v then he got to his destination, told me like " Thanks for the ride bro xD" and entered the house/place/idk I as like " you are welcome" laughing XD

Other time was in bus .. there was just one seat and I really don't wanted to go standing, so I just sat there, the man there started talking stuff that ended as joke, was funny haha some other times we sat together, other he was with another people talking the same kind of stuff, one time I asked him if he believe aliens, he told that yes, it's impossible that we are alone in the universe... Them I told him that I don't believe, he asked why and I told that was because they tell so much lies XD

Quantumcat and Acrux like this.
  18. Acrux
    OP

Acrux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2017
    Canada
    Earth
    Really people thought you were a vampire?

19. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Stupid kids when I was younger thought I was a vampire. Not sure why, I wasn't pale and didn't dress too Gothic but I also didn't spend too much time outside with said stupid kids. (Books and video games inside the house was way better)

Acrux likes this.
  20. Acrux
    OP

Acrux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2017
    Canada
    Earth
    I agree