Hacking Anyone have trouble with using larger Micro SD cards??

jacobbones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bought the supercard two and it is an incredible product.

I am using it for the snes emulation as much as the ds games

But I initially purchased 4gb micro sd cards and then went overboard on the roms and seems a larger card is needed.

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues when using a 16 gb card? Not sure if you have a large card with alot of stuff on it if it will slow things down and cause games to not play correctly or any other issues.

Thanks

jacobbones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been searching around, looks like I may be better off going woth a 8gb card.
the 16gb ones seem to have slow read/write speeds from what I see
Im not going to buy a sandisk from what I read about the current quality,a nd taking a risk on a $50+ card that I hope will be allright doesnt sound like a smart move

Just wanted a big card as Im giving a DSI with the supercard to my nephews and wanted to cram it full of as many games as I could

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Hax Mega said:
Here is a class 10 16GB for 30 bucks. I can't vouch on how it works though because I haven't gotten it in the mail yet. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...1-405-_-Product

When you get it, could perform a quick test to see what it's Latency and Read Speed is ?
You'd need HDTach(free program) and a Card Reader.
8GB Class 6 and I get 0.9ms and 14.9 MB/s

If it gets near them speeds I'll probably buy one myself, and if you could check the Write Speed too, not sure what you can use for that though :/

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I'm using a 16gb sandisk class 2 and everything works fine

I have the same card as RoMee, and the only trouble I ran into was with Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-Land Mayhem (issues with graphics) and Dark Dawn (wouldn't load). It's all good now since supercard released a patch to fix both.

Hax Mega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the card in tonight and I used crystaldiskmark to test it. the results say it has a read speed of 19.80MBps and a write speed of 14.60MBps

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice, I think their write speed test is a little innacurate tbh(CrystalDiskMark that is) as I get 10+ MB/s with my Class 6 and pretty certain I don't get that when I'm actually copying the files. And pretty certain it's not a pc issue as it's the same on others.

The read test is pretty accurate and I like the look of that speed, Latency should be very low, would be nice to have a number to go with it though.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
O.o
Overall, that is one beastly card, massive performance for quite a low price too, be ordering soon I think.

Thank you Hax
smile.gif

jacobbones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its got like 7 reviews, one of them says it failed in a week, couple good ones and couple more not so good.
You guys sure thats a good card?

jacobbones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone tried the wintec class 10 card yet?

Just wondering if its any good. It keeps getting 1 bad review for every good on newegg. But seems most of the bad are that it doesn't write at class 10 speed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153