Hardware Anyone else using the NYKO battery pack?

warmo161

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I was interested if anyone here are using the battery pack on their 3DS, as I think I have a few problems:

Whenever I am on my 3DS and the battery is running out. the light flashes for quite a long time before it switches itself off, Is this because the console is not counting the battery status right?
Is there a way I can reset the battery so it will be measured correctly?
I think this happened because I charged it in the dock it came with, before I did this the battery indicator stayed on half for quite a while. Also, straght after I used the charger, it said that the battery was still flat (but it then increased back to full)

So yea, is anybody having any problems and what are you going to do with the battery pack when you use a circle pad pro when it comes out everywhere else?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, I was interested if anyone here are using the battery pack on their 3DS, as I think I have a few problems:

Whenever I am on my 3DS and the battery is running out. the light flashes for quite a long time before it switches itself off, Is this because the console is not counting the battery status right?
Is there a way I can reset the battery so it will be measured correctly?
I think this happened because I changed it in the dock it came with, before I did this the battery indicator stayed on half for quite a while. Also, straght after I used the charger, it said that the battery was still flat (but it then increased back to full)

So yea, is anybody having any problems and what are you going to do with the battery pack when you use a circle pad pro when it comes out everywhere else?
1. Don't use the dock
2. DON'T use the dock
Seriously, your 3ds is supposed to recieve battery charge through it, not directly to the battery. Charging it through the dock can fry the 3ds.
I use my cord, and it always displays the battery levels correctly.

And for the CPP... I'll prolly just get the eventual Nyko supported one

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the cord whenever you charge it. Best suggestion.

And I'm not going to get the CPP.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use just the power pak + without the dock.
And I've had no problems, battery life is great and displays properly as far as I can tell.

warmo161

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, well thats my problem!
So, how can I reset the battery? Is it just recharging to max and taking the battery out and back in?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Huh, never know the charging dock was bad for your 3DS, now I know when I get mine :)

I think the standard practice is letting it run until the battery gets to 0%, then charging it up to 100%.
I could be wrong though.

That should only be done around once a month or less, the best thing is to charge the battery when it's around 30-40%. That's the case with modern cell phones since they probably use the same kind of battery, it probably is the same rules there.
http://batteryuniver...based_batteries
&
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_charge_when_to_charge_table

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that I use the Nyko Powerpak+ (I don't own the dock). And I've had no problems with it whatsoever though I have heard bad stories from friends about how the dock is bad and gives problems so I stayed away from it.

PEneoark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Pak+, and when using the dock, will only charge it 75%. I noticed this the second day of having the new battery. I no longer use the dock.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I own the Pak+ to and I can tell you is it great. Great lasting time, add few grams to the console, I feel more confortable with it. Down side, no circle pad pro. Also, some people are reporting that it doesn't fit properly, but mine does. Most people don't know that there is a screwing method for different type of holes alignment.

Pip'

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they're not compatible, I was just wondering because my brother wanted to use his and I wasn't sure if it was bad too. (He doesn't have powerpak+)
Would be kind of strange for Nintendo to give something that is self-damaging to their system. OH WAIT SCREEN SCRATCHES.
Anyways, thanks!

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they're not compatible, I was just wondering because my brother wanted to use his and I wasn't sure if it was bad too. (He doesn't have powerpak+)
Would be kind of strange for Nintendo to give something that is self-damaging to their system. OH WAIT SCREEN SCRATCHES.
Anyways, thanks!
They're fixing screen scratches. My 3DS comes back Monday.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They fixed mine as well, but I sent it in for a different reason.
They actually sent me a whole new 3DS instead of my old one, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...