Hacking Any way to run Retail 5.50 game disc on 5.05?

kupan9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my ps4 on version 5.05 with al-azif cached on it. When I put in my game disc (Retail disc of Rainbow Skies) it says "Playstation 4 Format Disc" and tells me to update to 5.50. I would rather not update.
Is there any way to play the retail disk without updating? Is there a spoofer pkg or other solution to get around this?

NbAlIvEr100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my ps4 on version 5.05 with al-azif cached on it. When I put in my game disc (Retail disc of Rainbow Skies) it says "Playstation 4 Format Disc" and tells me to update to 5.50. I would rather not update.
Is there any way to play the retail disk without updating? Is there a spoofer pkg or other solution to get around this?

Study..

kupan9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the guide I used to install the al-azif. The part where it says "5.5X GAMES: WONT WORK" was unclear if it meant as packaged installers, or if it also applied to retail discs. I was asking specifically because it also says "SPOOFING: NO NEED" but the retail disc specifically asks for an update, which has in my past experiences with psp and ps3 been occasionally avoidable with spoofing fw versions. This led me to question whether the information in the guide was specific to packed installers and there was a different way to approach retail discs.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the guide I used to install the al-azif. The part where it says "5.5X GAMES: WONT WORK" was unclear if it meant as packaged installers, or if it also applied to retail discs. I was asking specifically because it also says "SPOOFING: NO NEED" but the retail disc specifically asks for an update, which has in my past experiences with psp and ps3 been occasionally avoidable with spoofing fw versions. This led me to question whether the information in the guide was specific to packed installers and there was a different way to approach retail discs.

5.5x games doesn't work on 5.05, same concept as in running games on a regular non jailbroken ps4, jailbroken only allow you to run homebrew and backup. System firmware requirements still the same for jailbroken ps4 as non jailbroken.

NbAlIvEr100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 retail discs only even have PKG files on them so it's the same exact concept.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢🤮
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
    +1
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    I always knew you were a Kunt @K3Nv2 :tpi::rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: