any snes emulation updates or news??

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Limit54, Dec 12, 2009.

Dec 12, 2009
  1. Limit54
    OP

Newcomer Limit54 Newbie

Canada
    So I've been looking into snes emulation on the DS for a long time and so far its been years since any new updates. Does anybody know if anyhing new is coming out or any updates?

honestly, with the implementation of the touch screen I think that DS will bring a whole new life to snes emulation. I think that this is amazing so far and love the emu's but I'd just like to know if anybody is still working on them.

2. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Which Snes emulators have you tried so far?

Also: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

There is already a big discussion on this topic. [​IMG]

3. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The only reason touch screen support would be used is for things like superscope or mouse. As it is, I think it's fair to assume Archeid has abandoned SnemulDS.

The new Supercard DSTWO will have a new SNES emulator built into the firmware. The actual DSTWO is much more powerful than the DS itself, so expect some amazing changes hopefully.

4. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands

You say more powerful than the ds.
    can it maybe play N64 games?
    a little chance.

5. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    It won't be able to play N64 games considering the buttons and this is built on the iPlayer's hardware which is not powerful enough to play Nintendo64 games.

6. Limit54
    OP

Newcomer Limit54 Newbie

Canada
    To be honest, when I bought my first card it boasted that it had built in emulators...well that was a bunch of crap. So I think that this is just going to be SnemulDS built in and wont work any better than it does now.

As for the touch screen capabilities. There are so many game that can take advantage of it, especially RPG's like Shin Megame Tensie or games like Famicom Detective. I would like to see that included but if not just a working emu would be good.

7. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A good emulator would be a priority and then stupid stuff like controlling the games in ways they were never intended (which would never happen anyway).