Hacking Any screen recording software for o3ds

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then, might there be a way to capture video+audio and save it to the 3ds's SD card?
That requires more cpu power than network streaming, which the N3ds can't handle.
You could use NTR to stream (and maybe an audio cable thingy for audio) and use your computer + a screen recorder to output as mp4 on your computer?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
You could use NTR to stream (and maybe an audio cable thingy for audio) and use your computer + a screen recorder to output as mp4 on your computer?
That'd be the plan. Looking at it in action, it does seem to skip a lot of frames and is reportedly unstable, so here's hoping it gets improved in the future.

Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That'd be the plan. Looking at it in action, it does seem to skip a lot of frames and is reportedly unstable, so here's hoping it gets improved in the future.
I think the developer stopped working on it didn't they?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the developer stopped working on it didn't they?

NTR was officially discontinued, yes. But cell9 said that he would probably continue working on the streaming feature and maybe eventually release it as a standalone app for the Homebrew Launcher.

No ETA, we can't even know for sure sure that we will ever see it.

Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NTR was officially discontinued, yes. But cell9 said that he would probably continue working on the streaming feature and maybe eventually release it as a standalone app for the Homebrew Launcher.

No ETA, we can't even know for sure sure that we will ever see it.
Ah alright.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It's not just that the n3DS has a better CPU. I believe NTR is using the video hardware encoding/decoding feature that was reserved for the browser. I believe it's doing something like that. o3DS lacks this hardware of coarse so the CPU would have to do all the work and that ain't gonna happen.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just that the n3DS has a better CPU. I believe NTR is using the video hardware encoding/decoding feature that was reserved for the browser. I believe it's doing something like that. o3DS lacks this hardware of coarse so the CPU would have to do all the work and that ain't gonna happen.
Huh, who knew? Oh wait you did
But thanks for telling us non-scary-smart-genius-devs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water