Hacking Any reason to stay on 4.1 OFW still?

Sumit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've got a switch that has NOT been patched which is currently sitting on 4.1.0 on Sysnand and 6.2.0 on Emunand (SX OS), so my question is:

Is there any point still waiting on 4.1.0 on my Sysnand or can I go ahead and update it to enjoy online play

This Deja Vu warmboot thing seems dead in the water, but correct me if I'm wrong

Sumit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d ask a different question - why not backup the 4.1.0 and update without burning fuses in case the hack comes eventually?

I have a backup of the 4.1.0 already. If I understand correctly the only way to upgrade without burning fuses is to have AutoRCM enabled so that the switch doesn't boot into Horizon right away. Then the concern becomes if Nintendo would catch onto the AutoRCM. Is there something I'm missing here?

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a backup of the 4.1.0 already. If I understand correctly the only way to upgrade without burning fuses is to have AutoRCM enabled so that the switch doesn't boot into Horizon right away. Then the concern becomes if Nintendo would catch onto the AutoRCM. Is there something I'm missing here?
Idk if N can do anything against autoRCM in a FW update, but if it's ever the case just don't update to that FW i guess

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
This Deja Vu warmboot thing seems dead in the water, but correct me if I'm wrong
Deja Vu will definitely come for 4.1.0 in the near future.

Of course there is a small ban risk if you have AutoRCM, but it is not 100%, so you might or might not want to risk it. Also, you have to pay to play online anyway, so you should consider that in your decisions.

But of course it's rather simple: If you badly want to play online, update your sysnand. If you badly want to use deja vu to avoid using AutoRCM or a jig, don't update your sysnand. If you don't care that much about either, you can do whatever you want. If you haven't updated until now, this suggests that you don't really want to play online that much, so I would guess it would make sense to wait until deja vu is released, which should be in the rather near future.

Sumit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deja Vu will definitely come for 4.1.0 in the near future.

Of course there is a small ban risk if you have AutoRCM, but it is not 100%, so you might or might not want to risk it. Also, you have to pay to play online anyway, so you should consider that in your decisions.

But of course it's rather simple: If you badly want to play online, update your sysnand. If you badly want to use deja vu to avoid using AutoRCM or a jig, don't update your sysnand. If you don't care that much about either, you can do whatever you want. If you haven't updated until now, this suggests that you don't really want to play online that much, so I would guess it would make sense to wait until deja vu is released, which should be in the rather near future.

Thanks for breaking it down. I guess I'll sit tight

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yeah, that was probably a bit confusing. Maybe I should rephrase it like: It will definitely come out for 4.1.0, and should be there in the near future.

I am not a developer and thus can just base my assumptions on what the developers tell, which is that 4.1.0 will arrive soon.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update without burning fuses. You can do it all on the system itself now which is very easy. I wouldn't hold off on games you may want to play to stay on the older firmware when if you create a backup you can just restore to 4.1.0 if anything of relevance is ever released for it

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

puffycheeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is Deja Vu which has already been patched recently in 8.X.X systems but hasn't in 4.1.0, though with that it's a waiting game. If you can afford it get a second Switch for online play or update without burning your fuses and then downgrade when it releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1