Any problem with clone cards?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Crazilyhazy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Crazilyhazy
    OP

Crazilyhazy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
  2. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    real thing = quality/clones = unpredictable

3. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    It's a DS card, not a 3DS card so it will only play DS games, just making sure you knew that!

Last edited by pokemoner2500, Jul 7, 2015
  4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Fixed.

5. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Not sure how I messed that up :P

6. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Ordered one from a reseller in my country and yesterday I picked it up from the post office.

The card is ok.

Pros:
    - It has a sturdy enough plastic case.
    - The games do not seem to lag at all (using the internal Toshiba 4 GB class 4 microSD card from my N3DS).
    - I like the icon on the homescreen (Bomberman), unlike Spongebob or some random Japanese title. It looks ok.
    - You can return to the ROM menu by pressing the L+R+A+B+X+Y buttons (like pretty much all of R4 clones).

Cons:
    - It only seems to support 4 skins at a time, so you may wanna delete some of them from the "skins" folder or download additional ones from http://r4i-sdhc.com (not from http://r4isdhc.com).
    - As per the above link, the card is a clone of a clone, of a clone (the r4isdhc.com flashcart is a clone of the red packaging r4i-sdhc.com, which is a clone of the R4i Gold 3DS, which is a clone of the original R4 card). Yeah...
    - Scrolling though the games seems a bit sluggish, but like I said, I'm using the internal Toshiba 4 GB class 4 from my N3DS... Maybe a class 10 card would work better, IDK.
    - So far, only one game resulted in a white screen using this card: Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands. But I should probably try a different ROM or from a different region (DS compatibility on the 3DS is region-free by default). All of the other games that I'm interested in are working just fine, so... for a $10 card it does the job.

PS: Next time please specify in the title that you're talking about DS flashcarts, not flashcarts in general.