Gaming Any point in 6IV pokemon

graeme122

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have zero interest in competitive pokemon battling, so I'd just like to know is there any point in me trying to get 6IV pokemon. I'm sure it would be fun but what can I do with a 6IV pokemon besides online battles.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well... Boasting to your friend over you pumped up Pokemon?
I mean, the only reason to train in all that IV/EV stuff is for competitive battling... Unless there's something I'm missing.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Then... Play another game? If you want a game similar to Pokemon, there's the Yokai Watch series. Or if you wanna try something a bit different, there's Monster Rancher.
It's like a mix between a tamagotchi and a pokemon game, really underappreciated serie.

Also, I know what you feel. I've got only one friend. It's only one, but it's me best friend.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Guess I'll have to take out my Pokemon nerd side, again.

IV's (or Individual Values) are points awarded to a pokemon in certain stats, this is done in order to ensure that the Pokemon may have the maximum value of each stat combined to their total base, for each 4 IV you get in a particular stat, you add a single point to the stat + the bonus you get from leveling up a single mon, the maximum number a Pokemon can hold regarding IV's is 31 for each stat, now, while having full IV's may be seen like the hottest shit, this is not the totality as to what determines a Pokemon battle.

You also need EV's (or Effort Values) which are obtained through battling or using certain boost items while battling (alternatively, Gen 6 Super Training) EV's add even more bonus stats to a single Pokemon, the set limit for EV's is a number of 512 or less, although you may be fine with just 510 since those extra 2 don't add to the stat points anyway.

And lastly, you need a good nature for a Pokemon, the best natures are those that boosts the stat that the Pokemon prioritizes or needs, for example, you would prefer a Modest Alakazam over an Adamant Alakazam simply because a Modest Nature gives you a stat boost for Sp.Atk > Atk while Adamant gives you a boost of Atk > Sp.Atk in which Alakazam isn't exactly good at it.

Essentially, having a 6IV Pokemon is just a way to get something that it grows stronger over your usual common Pokemon, furthermore, EV's and Nature contribute to the stats and nature of moves a Poke can hold, in which we refer to your original question: Is there a point for this? it depends, if you want a single player experience only, forget about them, every single trainer (NPC's) in most Pokemon games have trash IV's coupled with low EV's, the only exceptions are some special trainers or Cynthia's Garchomp, but you don't seriously need them.

However, if you want to do a battle spot correctly (or just simply going online), you will need them, because those details can save your ass if going to battle someone from far away, but not only stats or natures are important, you do need the right Pokemon to fight and the moves/items perfect for said Pokemon to fight, there are essentially countless strategies you can add in Pokemon, but if you want a simple and direct way to OHKO most Pokemon in a quick manner, Smogon may be for you, is not perfect by any means but is one of the most used, alternatively, go make your own strategy.

Pm'me if you want some competitive Pokemon, however, if you're the kind to simply not care about stats and you just go over the single player experience, again, forget about them, but if you're slightly interested in fighting other people online, you can ask me or set a conversation for any point you want cleared.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans