Any need for Playstation Network access?

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jokiz, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Jokiz
    OP

Jokiz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2007
    Norway
    Hey guys, I'm not really following the PS4 hacking scene much, but I'm thinking of getting myself a PS4.
    I tried looking for a FAQ or QA thread but couldnt find any.

Now I've found this guy selling his pretty cheap because it's been banned from going online, and I'm wondering if that limits my options in any ways?
    I'm not interested in online gaming myself, and do most of that on my computer, but getting game updates in some way would be nice.
    So does this stop me from exploiting the console in any way? Any downsides except not gaming online or accessing the store?

2. Fleure

Fleure Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Serbia, Republic of
    Doubt anyone can advise you on this. A banned account won't stop you from using the exploit. Anyhow, jailbreak and anything online (multiplayer, updates) is mutually exclusive currently.

3. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    If you only install dodgy game pkg then you can't update those from sony servers anyway.

If you are going to exploit the console, you have to be on 5.05 which can't connect to PSN now anyway. Just make sure it's on 5.05 or less...

4. leproos

leproos Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2017
    Netherlands Antilles
    I got a banned PS4 pro very cheap and im really enjoying IT. Its on 5.55. while im waiting for exploit i am playing Playstation hits like the last of us. Dont see any problem.