Hacking any hope for this save file?

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i decided to play Etrian Odyssey II again, but when i open it, i found the Load Data/Continue option is gone, only "New Game" is available.

i have no idea what happened, has anyone heard or experienced something like this.

and is there a way to maybe fix/repair/recover the save file?

additional info:
flash cart: m3 lite (my friend had this happen to his r4 too, so i dont think it's cart specific)
microsd: kingston 1gb (all my other save files are ok, it's just this one that magically lost all data)
game: Etrian Odyssey II
save type: .dat file

thanks in advance for any possible help, tho i'm not overly optimistic. i'm expecting the worst, 50 hours gone.

unicorn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NextStep said:
microsd: kingston 1gb (all my other save files are ok, it's just this one that magically lost all data)
You could give http://www.recuva.com/ a go to recover the previous (save)file(s). Most important is not to write anything to that memorycard as that lowers your chances to recover anything. Begin by backing up what you can from that memorycard to a local harddrive.

NextStep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
didn't solve my problem, but that's a really nice tool you introduced me to. might be useful for another time. thanks!

the save file isn't deleted, it's still there. but for some reason, the "data" within the save is gone (basically all my progress). i can't "load game", but i can do "new game" just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy