Any homebrew/cfw apps I can use?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by GreenDortio, May 26, 2017.

1. GreenDortio
    OP

GreenDortio Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    United States
    Hey, I'm kinda new to this type of stuff and hoping to see what other things I can do on my o3ds. I'm planning to buy a n3ds, but at the moment I just have the old one. So, I'm just curious. What type of stuff can I do on it? I just want to expand and see what useful apps/tools I can use. Thanks!

2. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N I have graced this thread with my presence.

Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Sixth Circle of Hell
    On the N3DS, you can run a wider variety of emulators for more powerful systems (CPS2, Neo Geo, PlayStation to a very limited extent), in addition to streaming to a PC, which takes advantage of N3DS-exclusive features (at least, using NTR. HorizonM has support for O3DS, though I'm not sure what the quality is like on that). In addition, you can change the clock speed on your N3DS to improve performance on some games (most noticeable in Gen VI Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts 3D).

Other than that, they more or less have the same capabilities. You can gen Pokemon, inject VC games, run emulators for NES, SNES, and Genesis, use most NTR Plugins, and run most Homebrew apps.