Any help for those that can't ftp?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by V0ltr0n, Aug 31, 2016.

1. V0ltr0n
    OP

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but I got henkaku installed just fine. My modem/router is unable to ftp for some reason. I've tried all types of configuration to no avail. At this point, I am modded but have yet to be able to install any homebrew. Is there any way to transfer the homebrew to the vita directly from the computer or is ftp a must for transferring files? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  2. aenoch

aenoch GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    United States
    Ludington, Michigan
    is the ftp client blocked on the computers fire wall

3. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    You can rename extension of file from vpk to mp4 and transfer it as a video via QCMA, then rename fike from mp4 to vpk to install. It's faster than ftp and good for transferring bigger files.
    But try and fix ftp, it's quite necessary for transferring smaller files. Try hosting a hotspot from your smartphone and using ftp with that. Hotspot ftp works with TurboClient on Android afaik

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Just put the files inside a PSP save data folder and transfer them to the Vita using QCMA.

They will be at ux0/PSPemu/PSP/savedata/

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Filezilla seem to be the only way with ftp. Though i tried the windows explorer and not work. It just hangs at loading pages. I even tried with android Esfile explorer, same response. I really wish that it worked or even USB connections was possible. Is weird how my 3DS content manager can work with Ftp just fine but not my vita.

6. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Why don't you try what I mentioned above? That is a really fast way to transfer stuff via USB...

7. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    I've tried this with no success. It shows copying the entire file in the savedata, but when I check it later with vitashell, only the savedata files are transferred, the vpks aren't in the folder. There is no unaccounted storage space used up, so the file isn't hidden somewhere. It just disappears.
    Maybe something should be changed under QCMA settings?
    @OP sorry for hijacking.

8. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Did you refresh the database after you put the vpk into the folder?

9. V0ltr0n
    OP

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Thanks for all the help guys. I will be doing the renaming trick to get my stuff on the vita. Apparently my modem is one of the newer high security nat modems and is a huge pain in the ass. Ive fiddled with it so much, im just done. So for instance i install an emulator using the rename trick, do i transfer the games for the emulator in the same manner by renaming? Once again, thanks everyone for the quick and helpful replies.

10. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu

Install some cfw on your router :)

11. Aneesh India

Aneesh India GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2015
    India
    India
    I am using filezilla. Never had a single failure while connecting via ftp. I use a dlink router/modem