Emulation Homebrew GBA Any GBA Emulators for the Switch with tilt support?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
OP
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, since I don't have a real GBA or a phone that can do it, is there a good emulator for the switch that'll do it? Specifically so I can play WarioWare: Twisted! without needing to use that not-so-great "no gyro" patch.
And a bit unrelated, but since I also have the game as a VC inject on my 3DS; How can I copy the save from there, to my Switch?

Reactions: SylverReZ

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Y'know, since I don't have a real GBA or a phone that can do it, is there a good emulator for the switch that'll do it? Specifically so I can play WarioWare: Twisted! without needing to use that not-so-great "no gyro" patch.
And a bit unrelated, but since I also have the game as a VC inject on my 3DS; How can I copy the save from there, to my Switch?
mGBA is the best one, I haven't used it though so I can't answer your question, you'll just have to try it and see.
You can dump GBA saves on 3DS with GodMode9. Navigate to SYSNAND VIRTUAL, and press A on agbsave.bin, AGBSAVE options -> Dump GBA VC save. That'll contain the save file of the last game you played. You should be able to just replace the save file mGBA creates with it.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
OP
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
mGBA is the best one, I haven't used it though so I can't answer your question, you'll just have to try it and see.
You can dump GBA saves on 3DS with GodMode9. Navigate to SYSNAND VIRTUAL, and press A on agbsave.bin, AGBSAVE options -> Dump GBA VC save. That'll contain the save file of the last game you played. You should be able to just replace the save file mGBA creates with it.
Alright, I'll try out mGBA and see. If so, I'll rip my save and use it. If not, I'll keep on lookin'. (also I had a feeling you had to use GM9 to rip the last-played game's save since I HAVE done a system transfer before, but it's been years since)
Post automatically merged:

Holy shit, it works! And right out of the box, too!

Last edited by jeffyTheHomebrewer,
Reactions: hippy dave

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the inquiry, I needed to know whether it was possible to emulate WarioWare Twisted! on the Switch too, without losing any functionality. I'll try using mGBA, through RetroArch first before just using mGBA standalone.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz