Any gameboy cartridges adapter for ds

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jamespoo, Aug 30, 2011.

Aug 30, 2011
  1. jamespoo
    OP

Member jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    i think my mate was is wrong as he said you can get for the ds/dsl a card adapter that goes into the gba slot so you can play gameboy and gameboy color cartridges

is this true as i Google it and found nothing

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    No. But you can use Lameboy 0.12 to emulate your GB/GBC games form a slot 1 cart (R4, Acekard 2i, DSTWO, etc.).

3. emmanu888

Member emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Canada
    i don't think its true you need a flashcart with lameboy to regain gameboy and gameboy color compatibility with the ds/dsl since the ds don't have the gb and gbc processor since the gb micro

4. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    i'm not so sure about entirely dismissing this. them chinese (and japs) have been good with these kinds of things, so there may have been some obscure product somewhere that does this, but i haven't heard of it yet.

IIRC, there was an adapter that lets you add more colors to GB games when played on the GBC. then there was that AR magic card that can extract/insert saves (i had one) and has limited memory for codes and/or save storage.

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    That's a good point. There WAS the GB Bridge for F2A carts, allowing you to turn your GBA Flash2Advance into a original Game Boy cart... [​IMG]

If I EVER see anything that would allow this (though it's highly unlikely; the hardware between GBA and GB is WAAAAAY more of a gap than GBA-GBC) I will post my findings here.

6. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    seriously? GBA on the Gameboy? wow... haven't heard of that one, but i must say i'm very curious. [​IMG] i still have a working GBC (with a pirated Pokemon Crystal cart -- the kinds that use that replaceable CR2032(?) coin batteries. this is where that magic card of mine immensely, as being able to backup saves was a godsend whenever i needed to replace batteries (and i do it as often as once a month as the batteries don't hold out for more than that).

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The bridge device allowed compatible cards to work as GB/GBC devices- the little black lever/sliding switch in the GBA slot on the side with the R button is what does it and the GBA, gb player and GBA SP (not GBM) contain a full rendition of the GB/GBC hardware.

There were a slew of odd devices using the GBA slot back when (usually radios, music players, there was a PDA of some form and several things like that) but aside from a few lucky lucky men type carts (the 20 in 1 things we have probably all seen at some point in life) that had a version of goomba (it was too early for goomba color) on there I never saw such a thing for the GBA. There were a couple for the N64 back when although they were junk.

Adding to this is a lot of people mistook (and for that matter many still mistake things like them) flash carts when they did things like this for emulation/adapter type hardware.