Any fix for Dragon Quest IX?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by whitekj03, Jul 18, 2010.

Jul 18, 2010

Any fix for Dragon Quest IX? by whitekj03 at 8:29 AM (2,233 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. whitekj03

Newcomer whitekj03 Member

Oct 16, 2009
    United States
    Lets start off with saying I have an R4i Gold Edition ( ) ,I have the Xenom patched version, and right after the cut-scene where the hero encounters the Wight Knight, my game cuts to a black screen.

ffs, is there any fix for this?
  2. EXTER

Newcomer EXTER Newbie

May 25, 2010
    Puerto Rico
    Try putting the r4isdn kernel on it (go to and near he bottom of the page, click the download link with "r4ids gold English kernel"). So far DQ9 (Xenom patched) works with it without problems. Note: Backup all save data before installing (.SAV files) since the r4idsn kernel saves are incompatible with r4ids saves. To convert r4ids save to r4isdn compatible saves: go to this page:, select the .SAV file in the "Savegame to convert" field. In "Source format" select "Acekard RPG | EZFlash V | RAW Format (.sav)", and in "Target format" select "Acekard 2 | CycloDS | EDGE | M3 Simply | NinjaDS | R4 | Supercard CF | Supercard One | Supercard SD | Top Toy DS (.sav)". Then click convert to download the new save file.