Any fast paced hack n' slash games on PSN?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by Nintendoman58, Sep 6, 2011.

?

Which one would you choose?

1. Final Fantasy VII

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Metal Gear Solid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Castlevania: SOTN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Sep 6, 2011
  1. Nintendoman58
    OP

Newcomer Nintendoman58 Newbie

United States
    I'm looking for a fun, fast paced hack 'n' slash game to download off of PSN, anyone got any recommendations?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    there is a new castlevania game about to be released that will allow 4 player fun and its a PSN only title. i can grab the name for you later when i find my ps magazine.

zombie nation is really fun. its fast paced and full of shooting, but it can get repetitive and hard to find random players online. although if you buy it let me know because i'm always up for a co-op game.

alien breed is great fun but it involves more exploration than fast paced action. it is also an older game and i've never found a random player for online co-op.

if you like zombie nation there are other dual stick hack/slash shooters which i can recommend.

i also picked up dungeon hunter: alliance. it can get a bit repetitive and its perhaps not as fast paced as you are looking for.

some good PSN titles were recommended to me here: http://gbatemp.net/t295728-dead-nation-lik...ne-co-op-titles

let me know what else you find, i'm always looking for a good buy!

-another world

3. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    ^
    Unless you're talking about an actually new Castlevania game I don't know about...then you're talkin' about Harmony of Despair.
    Released on the 360 ages ago. PSN finally gets it with the first DLC map and 2 DLC characters free. Local coop is new, and 6 player online (is excessive) and 2 higher then the 360 allows. So basically, it's the same game just a little cheaper on PSN, lol.

4. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    If I recall correctly Metal Gear is relatively slow paced with a lot of sneaking around and Final Fantasy games aren't really fast paced (except for maybe during battles) but you don't actually hack 'n slash in most of em or all of em. I'm sure there are plenty of hack 'n slash games out there but I'd stick with GoW personally.

5. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    castle crashers

6. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    is there going be a release date for the new castlevania game?

7. dills2

Newcomer dills2 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    darksiders and devil may cry are hack n slash

8. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Dante's Inferno is also a really good hack and slash, and in some cases it is better than God of War, but both games play exactly the same minus a few differences.

9. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Yeah Dante's Inferno will give you plenty of hack n slash considering how long it takes to kill monsters in that game lol. I'm definitely trying to find some more of this genre as well. Dead Island is kinda hack and slashy with some RPG elements and zombies thrown in if you want to try that.