any ds emu's that allow wifi

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by 25164963, Mar 1, 2009.

Mar 1, 2009

any ds emu's that allow wifi by 25164963 at 11:19 AM (1,301 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. 25164963
    OP

Newcomer 25164963 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i'm looking for a ds emulator for the pc that also allows wifi connectivity so i can play multiplayer ds games from my pc or even if just uses a straigt internet connection would work just as well

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Nope, wifi protocol is not well understood. Some homebrew might work to a degree, but for the most part, your only option is to get a DS.

3. Firedrake1

Member Firedrake1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have tried most of the emulators and to be honest, wifi isn't the only thing they are missing. I would advise just buying an NDS if you like the games.

4. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    WiFi support for Nintendo DS games will most likely never be added as Nintendo uses an encrypted connection when it handles playing over WiFi. Also you don't directly connect to the person, instead you are routed through the Nintendo servers and to the actual person. So unless your wifi data is 100% and correct, your connection will be blocked.

5. Hisiru

Member Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    you tried the iDeas emulator?

@edit
    in the download page of the iDeas emulator i found this, but i dont know what this is:
    "WiFi plugin 08-13-2008"

6. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    It has a wifi plugin, but it's a barely working implementation which is able to get some homebrew working to a degree (UsrCheatUp, for example, is able to list the changelog for the cheat update, but a. the DLDI support in iDeaS is read-only and b. it would be pointless to use a DS homebrew in a PC emulator to download a file you could download with your PC).

7. Hisiru

Member Hisiru GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    i get it, thanks for the explanation man [​IMG]