Gaming Any Disney Infinity "experts" here?

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey folks,

I'm really confused about all this Disney Infinity stuff. Before I go on I'd like to say: Yes, I know Disney announced Infinity's death recently.
But since it seems to be the only Star Wars experience on Wii U I've got a few questions which no test, review or wiki was able to unwire in my head:
  1. It's using Amiibo/Skylander like figures with NFC chips as it seems. Do I level up ingame somehow and is this written back to the figure's NFC chip so I can bring my "leveled Anakin Skywalker" to my friend's console?
  2. What's the difference between Disneys Infinity 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0? Does 3.0 contain 1.0 and 2.0?
  3. Is 3.0 compatible with figures from 1.0 and 2.0?
  4. What is this game all about? I saw 3.0 has been released with Star Wars, Marvel and Disney classic figures (like Mickey Mouse). Does it "only" contain three different story chapters (for these three franchises) as a single player game?
  5. I saw gameplay videos of Anakin in a Star Wars setting and so on and I wonder whether there's a mix up ingame like Hulk fighting storm troopers or is each figure just usable in it's own world's story?
  6. Do the figures work with the Wii U GamePad or do I have to own this special wired reader for them?
  7. Finally ... are the figures dumpable to *.bin files and writable to NFC NTAG215 stickers with an Android phone or something like that as it works with Amiibos? I'm creating an Amiibo card collection right now and would love to have some Disney cards as well.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That sucks and it's completely unplayable without characters so I've gotta buy the starter pack at least huh? Man ...

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
disney infinity isn't the only Star Wars experience for Wii U

Edit: For now... LEGO Star Wars will be released on June 28th

Last edited by pikpol,

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Hey folks,

I'm really confused about all this Disney Infinity stuff. Before I go on I'd like to say: Yes, I know Disney announced Infinity's death recently.
But since it seems to be the only Star Wars experience on Wii U I've got a few questions which no test, review or wiki was able to unwire in my head:
  1. It's using Amiibo/Skylander like figures with NFC chips as it seems. Do I level up ingame somehow and is this written back to the figure's NFC chip so I can bring my "leveled Anakin Skywalker" to my friend's console?
  2. What's the difference between Disneys Infinity 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0? Does 3.0 contain 1.0 and 2.0?
  3. Is 3.0 compatible with figures from 1.0 and 2.0?
  4. What is this game all about? I saw 3.0 has been released with Star Wars, Marvel and Disney classic figures (like Mickey Mouse). Does it "only" contain three different story chapters (for these three franchises) as a single player game?
  5. I saw gameplay videos of Anakin in a Star Wars setting and so on and I wonder whether there's a mix up ingame like Hulk fighting storm troopers or is each figure just usable in it's own world's story?
  6. Do the figures work with the Wii U GamePad or do I have to own this special wired reader for them?
  7. Finally ... are the figures dumpable to *.bin files and writable to NFC NTAG215 stickers with an Android phone or something like that as it works with Amiibos? I'm creating an Amiibo card collection right now and would love to have some Disney cards as well.

1. You level up each character in the game, nothing is written to the figures.

2. 1.0 is Disney, 2.0 is Marvel, 3.0 is Star Wars. Each version has it's own software.

3. 3.0 is compatible with all figures released thus far, but you can only use previous set's figures in 3.0 Toy Box mode, not in the 'campaign/story'. Any playsets or add-ons from 2.0 and 1.0 will not work with 3.0.

4. It only contains the playsets for whatever you bought. 3.0 has 3 playsets and 3 addons (racing, fighting and boss rush, all sold separately) each contains a statue that you place on the base to play the levels.

5. You can only use the Star Wars characters in 3.0 playsets, all previous characters from 2.0 and 1.0 only work in Toy Box mode. You can use any character in the add on sets though (racing, fighting and boss rush, all sold separately).

6. You need the base you get with the starter pack, or any set you buy with the software included.

7. The Disney Infinity figures are not hacked afaik.

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. You level up each character in the game, nothing is written to the figures.

2. 1.0 is Disney, 2.0 is Marvel, 3.0 is Star Wars. Each version has it's own software.

3. 3.0 is compatible with all figures released thus far, but you can only use previous set's figures in 3.0 Toy Box mode, not in the 'campaign/story'. Any playsets or add-ons from 2.0 and 1.0 will not work with 3.0.

4. It only contains the playsets for whatever you bought. 3.0 has 3 playsets and 3 addons (racing, fighting and boss rush, all sold separately) each contains a statue that you place on the base to play the levels.

5. You can only use the Star Wars characters in 3.0 playsets, all previous characters from 2.0 and 1.0 only work in Toy Box mode. You can use any character in the add on sets though (racing, fighting and boss rush, all sold separately).

6. You need the base you get with the starter pack, or any set you buy with the software included.

7. The Disney Infinity figures are not hacked afaik.
First of all thank you very much for your time. That was the post I was hoping for.
But then again it's no miracle the series died now ...

Reactions: T-hug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, then im lucky i havent updated yet