PS1/2 Any decent PS1 HDD Loaders for the PS2?

Z_Slasher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see there is POPS-00001, POPStarter, but which one is the best? I want to put ISOs on a 1TBHDD since you can use a IDE to Sata Adapter to do it on Open PS2 Loader. What has the best compatibility rate with games?

Z_Slasher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know where I can find the compatibility lists for POPStarter. The ones from the official page apparently are gone.

Z_Slasher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just there, and the google drives on those links don't show a google drive error instead of the compatibility lists.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
They work fine for me :unsure:

5DzUkgO.png

Z_Slasher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it took me enough tries, but I finally got to see the compatibility lists. Is this still being worked on?

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just set up POPStarter v13 on my phat model PS2 yesterday and this morning. I put my converted games on a USB drive, which is much easier to set up than making internal partitions, and all is running well. It probably took me less than 2 hours to get 25 or so games installed and running. Much of that time was ripping discs to bin and cue files for vcd conversion and googling the appropriate support files. Once you get the files setup, it's a breeze loading games through an elf launcher using Free McBoot. I've had success running both Japan and NA games on my NTSC console. The only one that has given me issues so far is Fire Pro G, which stutters and runs slowly. There are some batch conversion files that will help you quickly sort out an entire folder of bin and cue files in one click.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
POPstarter is still quite laggy for a lot of games though. Since it's an emulator and not an interpreter, it has some slowdown problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-