大阪に生まれた男
OP
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been hemming and hawing about staying in Japan another year. It's been hard living in Aomori this year. I'm not going through culture shock living in Japan, but culture shock living in the middle of nowhere. Between Atlanta and Osaka I've lived in a big city since I was 16. And it's easy to get down about living out in the middle of nowhere in one of the most rural prefectures in Japan.

But three things kept me here another year (if I can stay another year - I hope that the law school / pre-medical programs I have applied to and let me in will let me defer one year). One is my students. I adore them and while my beloved third year students will be graduating (I hope I can see Kazuya, Miyuki, Saki, Yuri, Chisato, Nana, and Chinami [agh, Chinami's going to school in Hachinohe for sure!] when they go off to high school) my first graders will be second graders. I will really be able to spend the year with my first year Shichihyaku kids during their second year.

Second are the other people. Alisa, Beau and Chikako, and the Greens will be all here. And I've begun building relationships with the other teachers, especially Hayakawa, Nakano, Komukai, (God, I hope they don't get transferred at the end of the year!) and Komagai.

Third is my Japanese. It must get better. I must work harder and talk more!

I signed the papers to stay.
The next six months will be even better than the last!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo