Another World Retires

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
gallery_111084_186_8241.jpg

Well this is definitely worth a front page post. As you may have noticed [m]Another World[/m]'s name has changed from the gray-blue color we're used to seeing,..to black. That's right people, the long time Mag Staffer has chosen to gracefully step down from the Head of Mag Staff position here at GBAtemp due to no longer having adequate free time to dedicate to the site. Don't panic too quickly though, Another World will still be around for the weekly GBAtemp Recommends Revival and maybe a review or three.
So, folks, please join me now in giving a hearty round of applause for my friend, Another World, for all the hard work and dedication put in to the 'temp over the years. We've had a lot of fun =)

Now go check out the blog post linked below and wish AW a happy retirement!

discuss.png
Another World's Blog

Reactions: 4 people

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World has always been a helpful member. It's said to see him step down, but I personally am glad that he has decided to stick around.

Question is;

Who will be Chief of Mag Staff now?

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Good luck Another World!
EDIT: just notice i was the first to comment on his blog post.

EVEN THOUGH I NEVER MET YOU BEFORE I CAN TELL YOU ARE A GOOD GUY FROM JUST YOUR POST!!! COME BACK SOON !!!!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Another World's dedication to the homebrew community was truly in a class by itself. It takes guts and character to write one quality article after another when only maybe two or three people would reply (I would always read them though).

For that, I am grateful and appreciative of his contributions and truly hope GBAtemp's homebrew community can somehow persevere despite his absence from the staff. Here's hoping also that the 3DS gets the homebrew treatment it deserves so that the same sense of wonder and excitement will return to the scene that we once had with the GBA and DS. I can certainly see AW becoming a frequent contributor to this place again if this happens. (hey AW-hold on to your 3DS, you know the day will come! ^_^ )

tldr- Take care, thank you, and come back often ^^

--Snailface

Reactions: 6 people

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Did we give him something? Like a Gift card or something? Come on. Another World was basically like one the lungs of GBATemp. You need both lungs to breathe.

I realize what I'm saying makes no sense but Another World you will be missed deeply.

Reactions: 2 people

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
*removes his cap and bows his head in observance of a moment of silence*

I hereby proclaim this day Another World Day, for those who wish to honor of the great former head of magazine staff.

I too remove my cap and bow my head, as our great Moderator Vulpes Abnocto has also done

Reactions: 2 people

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, AW's been a big part of my time on the temp...but this is a good thing, you know what they say about they say about retiring, "It means no worries, for the rest of your days."

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Funeral or not Another World deserves my respect. I used to read his articles before joining and i would have liked to meet him.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.