Another Wii Update

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm aware of the source ... a source that also says this, though ...

To sum all this up, the update will NOT break anything. There is no reason not to upgrade.

Which is why I am not concerned ... especially considering Datel have been in the game a long time, and overcome obstacles quickly ... as well as replacing discs with new, working ones for free ... they don't even charge for postage.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
And it did nothing ... which is what everyone who updated will tell you ... then, they will tell you that it installed an update that is not yet active ... then, they will go on to tell you that when it does become active, FreeLoaders & Trucha-signed discs will no longer work.

And they tell you this like you are retarded for even doubting it, yet no-one really knows, because it is not active.

Which I find so very amusing, that people are happy to believe that this 'inactive update' will stop people playing their copies and imports, when there is no visible proof, when we are here, on the net, which is home to all the liars, fraudsters, con artists, scammers & fakers in the world.

Until my FreeLoader stops working, after the next time a new update is released, I won't believe that this so-called 'fix' does a damn thing.

Firstly, ignore everyone who can't get their point across clearly.
I, personally, have every reason to believe that the update is downloaded and not activated. The "IOS" is an ARM binary that runs on the "Starlet" inside the Hollywood. This gives access to the low level hardware. However, many games need different versions of this, so the Wii keeps every version from every update. The "bug" is likely to be in this binary. However, the current Wii system software doesn't use this latest IOS, meaning that until they update the System software (likely to be version 3.3), which will use the new IOS, Trucha and the Freeloader will still work.

It's very easy to prove that this IOS is there. The new WiiFuse allows you to browse the contents of your Wii's NAND. If the guys at Wiibrew, the only respected Wii programming site, say it's there, it is.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
My point is clear enough, you nasty little boy.

All you ever do is snipe.

The file being there or not, is irrelevant, if it does nothing.

1. Funnily enough, that wasn't directed at you. When I quote posts, I reply to them.

2. Not sure what to say about that.

3. Which was my point?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i updated my wii the day before anyone knew about this new update and im not sure if i have it. so i just wanted to know if this changes it from 3.2 to 3.3, coz i still got 3.2E.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
mercluke said:
i updated my wii the day before anyone knew about this new update and im not sure if i have it. so i just wanted to know if this changes it from 3.2 to 3.3, coz i still got 3.2E.

It stays the same, but at this time it doesn't matter if you have it or not.

EDIT: and by the same, I mean 3.2

awofadeju

Trophies
Website
www.wiipals.net
XP
Country
either Nintencast or WiiBrew is spreading a "hoax"

source: Nintencast.com
http://www.nintencast.com/news.php?subacti...amp;ucat=2&

Update:

It turns out Wii Brew have a strange sense of homour. That's right folks, they've stated it was a "hilarious" hoax - an April fools joke. Maybe they should check their calender once in a while.

Anyway, I guess an apology from me to you is in order. BUT, that's not to say Nintendo wont update the Wii to stop the Freeloader, so just be extremely careful when you update the Wii.

All ic an say is WTF WTF ..now i dunno what to belive now =/

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanas said:
I've heard rumour, that the latest update has a time bomb in it which will automatically activate IOS37 on April 1st.

LOL
grog.gif

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Come on people did wiibrew ever make a joke or false anouncement?

These guys know that IOS37 fixes the trucha bug because bushing disassembled the new firmware. (marcan too if I remember correctly) Isn't that good enough for you?
And various reliable people on #wiidev confirmed that freeloader exploits the same bug. So be prepared that your precious freeloader will stop working if you install the probably next update that makes the system menu use IOS37 or later. And don't expect a new disc from datel within the next 6 month because there is currently no other hole in the wii's security...

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
To sum all this up, the update will NOT break anything. There is no reason not to upgrade.
The IOS37 page has been protected, so no more vandalism... But, it says we can upgrade? So should we? :S

Luke NL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To sum it all up:

- This update inserts the new OS thingy.
- But does no harm, until a further update.
- Legit Freeloader-users and hacked Wii's can safely download.

M I Rite, guys?

Luke NL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MaHe said:
Luke NL said:
To sum it all up:

- This update inserts the new OS thingy.
- But does no harm, until a further update.
- Legit Freeloader-users and hacked Wii's can safely download.

M I Rite, guys?
Yeah, pretty much.

Yay, thanks for the info. I'm gonna update. I just want WiiWare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ