Another redNAND Question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by veraci_00, Dec 1, 2016.

1. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    can games/content that's been installed with system config tool be played on cfw or signature patcher? I think I may understand y this isn't working for me. if not, how do I remedy this or what is the proper installation method?

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Ah OK thanks to this new info I now know what the problem is you were having in the previous thread you installed the games in rednand to your USB device that is why they are not working in sysnand. they will still show up in sysnand but won't load because when you install a game to USB a ticket is placed in your nand in rednand so when you are in sysnand as the ticket is missing from the nand in sysnand the game won't load

Last edited by Marko76, Dec 1, 2016
  3. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    is there a way to fix this problem? like can I install the ticket only instead of the full game?

4. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    Maceió-AL
    You can replace the same game by installing it again in sysNAND (installing it again over it (overwriting, not deleting and installing it again))... so, its ticket will be on both sysnand and rednand and you'll be able to launch it on both nands...

5. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    how do I install on sysNAND? I've only been installing with system config tool.

6. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    Maceió-AL
    You'll need wupinstaller for that in your apps folder on SD and the game in a install folder in the root of the SD card...
    I recommend you to use wupinstaller y mod and you cand find it on loadiine.ovh website if you visit the website on your computer (download section, sd homebrews)
    or just clicking on this link: http://loadiine.ovh/gate/dl_details.php?id=6
    the zip will come with the necessary folder structure.... remeber to create a "install" folder (without quotes) on the root of the sd card and put the game you want to install there.

launch wupinstaller y mod via homebrew launcher (i suppose you know how to do that as you already have redNAND)

any doubts that i can clarify, i'll be happy to help.

when you launch wupinstaller, you need to navigate through the folders inside the install folder by using the digital directional up and down, and to select the folder you want to install, use the directional right (you'll see a * before the folder name, then, i believe it is X to install to usb and A to install to the internal memory (may be the inverse, i don't remember exactly) the legends will be on the gamepad screen...

=) hope i could make myself clear as I'm not a native english speaker ;D

Last edited by buhdiego, Dec 1, 2016
    veraci_00 likes this.
  7. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    is it safe to install on sysNAND? and, is there an install all button like system config tool?

buhdiego likes this.
  8. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    Maceió-AL
    yes, as far as I remeber, there is a install all button
    and yes, it is safe as long as you're downloading the games from a reliable source... and
    never, NEVER install System Config Tools on sysNAND as it will brick your wii u!

If you want the game to be installed on internal memory, people recommend us to install first to USB and, on the wii u system configs and data management, copy from USB to internal memory...
    i - myself - install it direclty on internal memory and never had any problems... but i wouldn't recommend that as maybe there's a reason for it not to be recommended.

i don't know why i'm saying so much as you want to install them to your USB... hehehee, but information is never too much.

veraci_00 likes this.
  9. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    thanks for the information. I'm still wondering if it's possible to install only the ticket.

buhdiego likes this.
  10. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    Maceió-AL
    I don't think so as wii u creates the tickes and its folders quite with unusual names... like 0001/00005/00001.tik...
    i don't know if it is possible, but maybe you could copy the ticket folder entirely from rednand using wupclient and them restoring it back on sysnand using iosuhax....
    but i don't know if wii u has some file listing all the tickets installed in another folder and I also don't know if it would break the installed games or even brick the console...
    i only know that i've already messed with these folders on redNAND and nothing wrong happened...
    (i tried to delete a ticket file to see if a game from another region that wasn't working would work if i install it again, that's why i messed with the ticket files and folders) =)

EDIT> and i do not recommend you to do that

veraci_00 likes this.
  11. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    I own 75 games on my wii-u. digital games too. so...I don't want to risk bricking the console. I'll probably just stick with redNAND since I've installed all of my games to there. I've backed up the games to my pc, so I can always install them to sysNAND if I want to someday.

buhdiego likes this.
  12. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    Maceió-AL
    that's better... you could also have stick to iosuhax before and not to redNAND if you don't want to mess with system files or test anything other than using pirated games... i used rednand before and now i only use iosuhax.... i still have the redNAND partition on my sd card if someday i want to mess with system files with no fear of bricking my wii u. I like to see how things work and to try different things too hehehe

veraci_00 likes this.