Homebrew Another noob question

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what happens to my og 2ds with b9sif I just do a regular system transfer to my new 2dsxl ? I have a few "legit" cias and some other things on my og 2ds will surely transfer. But I'm curious as to what happens to the og 2ds. Does it still keep its b9s cfw ? Will my legit cias transfer to my new 2dsxl ? If the system transfer works will I still be able to use freeshop on my og 2ds after a system transfer ? Sorry if these are all dumb questions

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what happens to my og 2ds with b9sif I just do a regular system transfer to my new 2dsxl ? I have a few "legit" cias and some other things on my og 2ds will surely transfer. But I'm curious as to what happens to the og 2ds. Does it still keep its b9s cfw ? Will my legit cias transfer to my new 2dsxl ? If the system transfer works will I still be able to use freeshop on my og 2ds after a system transfer ? Sorry if these are all dumb questions

It will still be CFW'ed. It will be formatted though, so i suggest do a NAND back up and SD card back up before doing the transfer so you can just revert your OG 2DS back(by flashing back the latest NAND backup) to where it was, games, saves and all. Also, if you have an NNID linked on your OG 2DS, it will be transferred to the 2DS XL and you wont be able to get it back(unless you call Nintendo) since you cant do a N2DS XL to OG 2DS XL system transfer. And yes, all legit CIA's will be transferred. Also yes, you can still use freeshop.

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will still be CFW'ed. It will be formatted though, so i suggest do a NAND back up and SD card back up before doing the transfer so you can just revert your OG 2DS back(by flashing back the latest NAND backup) to where it was, games, saves and all. Also, if you have an NNID linked on your OG 2DS, it will be transferred to the 2DS XL and you wont be able to get it back(unless you call Nintendo) since you cant do a N2DS XL to OG 2DS XL system transfer. And yes, all legit CIA's will be transferred. Also yes, you can still use freeshop.

Awesome. That's good to know. I'll be attempting this later and hopefully all of it goes well

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should I use tiksweep before I system transfer ? or should I leave the tickets I got from ticketdevil and tikshop on there ? also when the system transfer is finished...should I keep my og 2ds offline and turn the wifi off on it ? or is it safe to use both systems online ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What Quantumcat said is true. The legit CIAs won't show up initially, you have to reinstall the tickets for them to make them show up, which can only be done through CFW.

the_otsutsuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Quantumcat said is true. The legit CIAs won't show up initially, you have to reinstall the tickets for them to make them show up, which can only be done through CFW.

that is good information to know as I cant do the dsi game transfer thing. but I do plan on leaving my new 2dsxl as my non hacked 3ds, I just was curious if I could put the "legit" cias on my new 2dsxl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2