Another Mysterious Teaser from Sony

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It is one hell of a cool ad, good looking and all... BUT, I find it a waste to have all these secret messages in it, several teasers, adding a lot of mystery to it all... just to have an add for Battle Royale... Something new would be more interesting, and this would hype it more... We already know so much about battle royale, that these teaser trailers didn't add anything for me. Now the complete trailer is a great trailer for the game! Don't get me wrong, but the teasing... THAT was the waste. :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think it was a retarded advertisement. The whole teasing thing had literally NOTHING to do with the game whatsoever. Most likely, none of that will even be in cutscènes.

And to what end? A whole bunch of money spent on an expensive advertisement that does nothing for me. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I got more interested in this game from the few ingame second flashes I've seen in other video's than from this whole shebang thing.

In a way, it's funny. When you look back at game advertisements from the nineties (check out the star fox one), you can facepalm yourself and think to yourself "what WERE they thinking back then?".
This too will age badly. In fact, I predict that in less than a year after launch of the game, people will wonder what the hell sort of strategy it was to market something without showing the freakin' product itself.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was a retarded advertisement. The whole teasing thing had literally NOTHING to do with the game whatsoever. Most likely, none of that will even be in cutscènes.

And to what end? A whole bunch of money spent on an expensive advertisement that does nothing for me. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I got more interested in this game from the few ingame second flashes I've seen in other video's than from this whole shebang thing.

In a way, it's funny. When you look back at game advertisements from the nineties (check out the star fox one), you can facepalm yourself and think to yourself "what WERE they thinking back then?".
This too will age badly. In fact, I predict that in less than a year after launch of the game, people will wonder what the hell sort of strategy it was to market something without showing the freakin' product itself.

You act like they never showed anything about the game.

They had debut trailers for EVERY character, tons of hands-on demos, talks with the creators, and honestly an assload of marketing before this.

I thought the trailer was fine, it was cool and its meant to get you hyped for the game. If you want to know about the gameplay, there's tons of videos showing it, articles explaining it, and interviews demonstrating it. If you're already hyped for the game, this gets you hyped more. If you've just heard about it, it gets you interested in the game (seeing Nathan Drake, Cole, and Kratos fight? That's kinda cool) so you look more into it. That's what trailers do.

I don't know why you'd honestly get so butt frustrated over a pretty decent, cool looking trailer. It shows your favorite Playstation characters fighting, that's why people want the game. There's nothing wrong with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho