Another metroid 2 remake on ps vita?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Bryon15, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    I just found this:

*snipped link to another metroid 2 remake for vita link*

It's about two months old. But apparently the game isn't beatable. Do any of you guys know if this is still being worked on? I want am2r on my Vita so bad.

Last edited by porkiewpyne, Jun 27, 2017
  2. Diag

Diag GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    Gambia, The
    just finished the game this weekend, it was really good but afaik nobody´s working on it anymore.. was really frustrated that i´ve heared about the buggy boss when i encountered him^^ but thx to glitch you could get around him and continue the game.. everything else worked just that one boss was huge problem and not beating him left a small aftertaste but nonetheless the game is really damn good for a fan remake

the vita version had another problem that after a time of playing it crashes, so saving as much as you can do is recommended

3. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Hmm. That's good at least. Is the glitch difficult to perform? The Vita version really needs to be fixed. This game is too good to have random crashing and glitches.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Seeing how Nintendo shut down AM2Rs release/development altogether, I highly doubt anyone is working on it. You're stuck with whatever is out there now.

5. Diag

Diag GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    Gambia, The
    yea the glitch is not easy to perform, but turbopad plugin is really helpful in this case, was only able to do it thx to this "support" ^^

6. DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2006
    United States
    I thought the latest versions were complete

Also how in the world do you even get this game running on Vita?

7. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    There is a vita-compiled build out there.

I have kept myself away from it until deemed safe by a reliable source though.

This glitch you speak of lets you beat the game? How?

8. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Hmm. Sounds difficult. How do I get turbopad plugin?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Someone named "spoon" over on reddit ported it to the vita back in April. But more work needs to be done on it. For example the word metroid is spelled monster.

A reconstructed source code was released not long ago.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/would-it-be-possible-for-am2r-to-be-ported-to-another-system.437488/

Last edited by Bryon15, Jul 1, 2017
  9. Diag

Diag GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    Gambia, The

thats how you do the glitch.. when changing the room start spamning the map until you break the boundaries and jump right under the room,, you´ll end up behind the room where you couldnt leave before..
    turbopad plugin helps for the timing opening/closing the map fast enough.. you can find the plugin on wololo: http://wololo.net/2017/04/24/turbopad-wdnr-plugins-released-psvita/

(i´ve never glitched a game before, thought couldnt do it, but i couldn´t find my rest after coming this far xD tried it first without the plugin, but was way to hard.. nearly did it one time.. but do yourself a favor and just use the plugin.. saves time and nerves^^)

Last edited by Diag, Jul 2, 2017