OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
(MYFOX NATIONAL) - A man who calls himself SAL9000 is set to marry his virtual girlfriend from a video game called Love Plus this weekend.

Web site Boing Boing reports that the man fell in love with one of the virtual girls named Nene Anegasaki and decided to marry her and take her on a honeymoon to Guam.

Since the girl doesn't really exist, that meant he took his Nintendo DS to Guam. He took photos of the trip to Guam and livecast the vacation on Japanese video-sharing site Nico Nico Douga .

The man now plans to hold a public wedding reception in Tokyo this weekend which will also be livecast on Nico Nico Douga.

Unlike other dating simulations games, Love Plus requires players to take out the virtual girl on dates, buy her gifts and make their girlfriends happy like they would in real life. The player can increase their abilities by studying, working out and solving problems of their virtual girlfriend, but if they fail to make their girlfriend happy, the game will restart after 100 days.

Last month, Boing Boing reported that a young Japanese couple in San Francisco had their marriage threatened because the husband took a virtual girlfriend

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/dpgo-Man-...211258828337252

Nene is officially married now. Knowing this I wished I never promoted the game in the first place.

I seen the vacation video and that was hours from my Thanksgiving Break I'm never getting back, may see the wedding just for the lulz, honestly this may be the last straw and could spell the end of dating sim gameplay forever for me. If you want to kill time and have a Nico Nico Douga account, go look at the photos, and if you want lulz watch the wedding this weekend.

My reaction

Daffy is right 200%

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's gonna be an awkward honey moon...

Also, how sad is your life that you marry a video game character? I may as well marry Cleverbot while I'm at it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, don't forget to use screen protection! That was my bad pun of the day, soak it in motherfuckers.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
At least it keeps the weird bastard away from real girls to which he may have been a danger.

I doubt he was a danger, he looked normal in the video, he most likely was lonely and real women didn't like him much, however this kind of scenario that also breeds lolicons in Japan.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^ Good one
rofl2.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Depravo said:
At least it keeps the weird bastard away from real girls to which he may have been a danger.

I doubt he was a danger, he looked normal in the video, he most likely was lonely and real women didn't like him much, however this kind of scenario that also breeds lolicons in Japan.
this man speaks the truth. but in today's society, people are getting more and more desperate i guess
rolleyes.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is good news I tell ya GOOD news.

Fact one, the loser's dna will NOT be going anywhere, and a great thing that is.

Fact two, it means there's one less male getting in the way of some other schmuck that might actually prefer real life human beings.

I look forward to the increasing chances of loser dna not procreating and in time being edited out of the gene pool.

Soooooo long loser.

Oh and millions of guys will be fiddling with your wife
smile.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
This is completely sad, I mean what happens if the Nene decides to have amnesia. What will the man do then? Commit suicide over a pixelize girl, get real!

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
Depravo said:

Seriously though... this is just really sad. At least he could have tried to find someone like his DS dream girl. lol
yaynds.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i wonder how he feels knowing that his wife gets violated/looked at in several ways/point of view by dude/dudettes all over the world everyday?
biggrin.gif

off topic: guess this means that this game is so good that it can actually convinces someone that this is the gal that he wish to die with
wtf.gif

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh Japan, what will you come up with next?
That's quite funny though, I mean, really, how lame do you have to be to believe no real girl will love you?
Though this reminds me greatly of Chobits... Though there were only one of each of those things, tons of people can "date" this guys wife. Oh how I wish I lived in Japan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao