Hacking Another "Loading..." error

akickintheteeth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4 that was working flawlessly for nearly one year. Then I left my DS in my closet for about 6 weeks and when I pulled it out, it locks up at the "Loading..." screen.

I've found a million threads about this common lock-up problem, and I've tried all the suggestions I could find including: reinstalling the official r4 firmware, reformatting the microsd card, installing the YSMenu firmware, cleaning the contacts of both the microsd card and the r4 cart, as well as using canned air to clean out the DS and the R4 card slots... Nothing works. My computer reads the microsd card perfectly fine.

I haven't yet tried the r4 card in another DS yet, and I haven't yet tried another game in my DS. These tests would help narrow the problem down to the r4 card or the ds.

Other than those two things I haven't tried yet (I am hoping to try them tomorrow with the help of a friend), does anyone have any ideas or tips? Are there any well known solutions that I seem to have missed?

Thanks in advance.

Micheal

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always the "paper" trick (Insert the cart with a peice of paper wedged it to make better connection). Maybe your connections in the DS are bad, have you tried another cart (R4 or actual DS cart)?

akickintheteeth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hundshamer said:
There's always the "paper" trick (Insert the cart with a peice of paper wedged it to make better connection). Maybe your connections in the DS are bad, have you tried another cart (R4 or actual DS cart)?

ah, haha, I forgot to mention in my post that I did indeed try the "paper" trick as well.... >__

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo